Local Referee Supervisor (LRS) - Role Description
An LRS will be in attendance at all matches scheduled by the host team, from 1 hour prior to the match until the conclusion post-match referee debrief.
The LRS will be appointed by the State Referee Association, and ratified by VARC.
For their appointed match the LRS is responsible for:
• recruiting referees and cooperating with other State officials, the NRD and VARC, where necessary, regarding the officials’ roster (1st Referee, 2nd Referee, Scorers and two (2) lines judges) for each round;
• attending and overseeing Round matches, including assisting match officials to resolve matters affecting the smooth conduct of matches (e.g. assisting with minor questions regarding the Rules of the Game; ensuring Rules of the Game and published pre-match protocol are adhered to);
• resolution of “On the Spot” protests made by teams during the Round matches;
• communicating match result to the VED;
• conducting a post-match debrief to provide feedback and coaching to match officials regarding their performance and with a view to promoting their future development; and
• providing summary feedback to the NRD on performance of match officials within 24 hours of the conclusion of the Round.