Parent/LC/Student Acknowledgement Statement:
I understand that the student email accounts will show a date stamp for receiving the Parent Student handbook and I understand it is my responsibility to review and uphold the policies contained in this handbook and any revisions made to it.
The statements below are all outlined and explained in this handbook.
Specific information will also be discussed with the student population regarding but not limited to: Attendance, student conduct, technology usage, and grading/late work/assessment policies.
· I am aware that my student is required to participate in Arizona State standardized testing. It is my responsibility to transport my student to and from testing all days assigned. This is a state law and not an AZVA/ISAZ rule.
· I am enrolling my student in a public charter school, and my student may not be enrolled in any other public school while enrolled at AZVA/ISAZ.
· I am required to always have access to a computer with Internet access during my student’s enrollment in AZVA and ISAZ.
· I am aware that my student has daily attendance requirements that he/she is expected to meet. I must log this attendance daily, using the Learning Coach account. I realize I can add in time on future dates if I miss time on a current date.
· I am aware of the webcam policy and will ensure my student has supervision during live sessions and is in a quiet, distraction free area. I will not interfere with lessons that I am watching alongside my student/child.
· I will supervise my student in using the K12 curriculum, checking work, and verifying understanding after each lesson is completed daily.
· I am aware of student progress requirements, which must be met daily, weekly, and quarterly.
· I will monitor my student’s participation in monthly work samples and interim assessments, which must be submitted on-time and may be calculated into his or her final course grades.
· I am aware that teachers and/or administrators may require additional proof of progress during the school year. Additional progress verification may be requested in the form of (but not limited to) Class Connect sessions, written work samples, and phone conferences.
· I will read and respond to Student Emails, participate in conference calls, and return teacher and administrative phone calls in a timely manner. I am aware that creating a separate/new email just for school may be helpful to me as a parent.
· I will have my student complete all required assessments including, as assigned by teachers and/or administrators. Both math and reading will be assessed during enrollment and at the end of the school year.
· I will review and monitor my student’s adherence to the Academic Integrity Policy in which plagiarism and cheating is discussed along with consequences for violations.