Information and details for the Leven Valley 2 Day Trial 2022
To be held on 24th and 25th September 2022 in Kinlochleven
Permit No. 22/6821 EMN: 40/771
A National Restricted Trial open to holders of 2022 Licences issued by the SACU or ACU or an affiliated Federation. Holders of Licences issued by Federations other than the SACU or ACU must have written starting permission from their FMN, personal accident insurance and valid repatriation insurance. These must be produced at signing on. The KDMCC will NOT be held responsible for repatriation of any competitor.
Individuals who are displaying Covid-19 symptoms should not attend the event. Any person displaying symptoms will be respectfully asked to leave.
The format for this trial will be one route over one single lap, different each day.
VENUE: Registration and Start will be at or behind The Ice Factor, Kinlochleven, Post Code: PH50 4SF
Saturday 9:00am (signing on - Friday 4.00pm to 7.30pm; Saturday by prior arrangement with the Club Secretary)
Sunday 9:00am (all riders MUST sign off when they finish)
COURSE All on private ground
Saturday - 1 lap, 30 sections, approximately 25 miles – 6 hours permitted to complete the course
Sunday - 1 lap, 25 sections, approximately 22 miles – 5 hours permitted to complete the course
All final course Instructions will be published at the start of the Trial.
Marks lost will be an accumulated total for both days. All award winners will be published on the KDMCC website on Monday 26th September.
|Best Overall Performance
||The Sammy Miller Trophy
|2nd Best Performance
|| The Jahama Estates Trophy
|3rd Best Performance
|| The KDMCC Village Trophy
|Best Brit Shock Up to 201cc
|| The Luscombe Motors Trophy
|Best Brit Shock Over 201cc
|| The REH Forks Trophy
|Best Twinshock Up to 201cc
|| The TYOFFROAD Trophy
|Best Twinshock Over 201cc
|| The Rock Shocks Trophy
|| The TLR Transformations Trophy
|| The Jim Pickering Drayton Trophy
|| The Mick Andrews Trophy
|| The John Moffat Trophy
|Best Ladies Rider
|| The Mags Louden Trophy
|Best Scottish ACU Rider who
has not won any other award
| The Doreen Stratford Trophy
|Best ACU Rider
|Best Overseas Rider
|Clerk of Course
|Assistant Clerks of Course
||Jim Tennant, Graham Law
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND AGREE TO ALL SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS
1. Method of deciding ties will be in accordance with TSR 25.
2. Marking will be in accordance with TSR 22 - Non stop.
3. All sections must be ridden in number order on all laps.
4. Riders must compete in the same class on each day.
5. Rider Numbers will be allocated by ballot.
6. Riders will set off in 2 per minute intervals, in numerical order. Riders who wish to ride together please indicate this below. CHOOSE ONLY ONE COMPANION RIDER, AND YOU MUST BOTH CHOOSE EACH OTHER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR COMPANION RIDING. The club cannot guarantee you set off with your chosen companion rider. Start times will be published on the KDMCC website.
7. The first off on Saturday will be riders 1 through to 250; the first off on Sunday will be riders 126 through to 125.
8. Riders MUST keep to the flagged route. Any rider caught breaking this rule, will be excluded immediately.
9. Sections will be closed by back marker both days. The time limit will be 6 hours for Saturday and 5 hours for Sunday. There will be a 1 point-per-minute penalty for riders taking longer than the alloted time.
10. Registration Card / Competition Licence / Repatriation Insurance MUST be shown when signing on.
11. Closing date for entries, Friday 17th June. The club cannot accept any late entries.
12. All entry fees (£75 adults, £60 youth) include a NON REFUNDABLE administration deposit of £20. No refunds of ANY entry fees will be possible if riders withdraw from the competition after 1st September 2022.
13. Helmet or Body Cameras are NOT ALLOWED (cf: SACU Bulletin February 2016). Cameras attached to the machine are permitted, subject to permission from the Clerk of the Course.
14. LANYARDS: N.B - As per SACU regulations all competitors riding combustion engine machines must have cut out devices connected to the rider by lanyard (maximum 1 metre) so as to stop the engine should the rider and machine be parted. This also applies to Pre '65 machines where practicable.
15. You confirm that you are not currently suspended from ACU/SACU permitted competition or on the ACU/SACU Stop List as a result of incurring a concussion injury. You shall notify the Club should you incur such a suspension or concussion injury between now and this event.
16. All bikes must be as per factory: NO DISC BRAKES: tubeless tyres are allowed.
17. Please check for any FINAL INSTRUCTIONS on the day.
18. Please do not leave any litter.
19. No Bikes are allowed to follow the trial. This will jeopardize any future use of the ground and is a strict instruction from the Landowners, on whom we depend. Please adhere to this, to ensure our future use of the ground.
20. Any rider found practising on any part of the course which lies on private ground will be disqualified.
21. All riders will sign on on Friday evening and MUST sign off when they complete the course OR RETIRE EARLY. This is to ensure accurate scoring and safe closure of the course.
22. Signing on will be available on Friday from 4.00pm until 7.30pm at or behind the Ice Factor. If you cannot sign on on Friday please contact the Club Secretary.
23. One five-litre can of fuel is required for the weekend, for top-up on the course. There will be a trailer in the Parc Ferme and all fuel is to be placed there by 8.45 am each day. Strictly NO SMOKING around the fuel trailer.
24. Packed lunches are NOT provided – riders can place a packed lunch onto the fuel trailer if they wish.
|PARKING - NB: This year, in line with all other events in the village that make use of the Aluminium Works, entrants must pay for parking. The charge for overnight parking will be £10 per night for any van / camper van and £3 per day for all other vehicles. Upon registration all drivers will be required to give their Vehicle Registraton details and pay for parking for the weekend. Payment will be made and parking tickets will be issued at Registration on the Friday night and must be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle throughout the event.