• A completed Enrollment Information Form and a signed Parent or Guardian Release Form must be returned to Deutsche Sprachschulen Colorado to enroll.
. Private lessons are billed monthly and 4 sessions in advance. Lessons need to be canceled 24 hrs prior to avoid charges.
• Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis and is limited in some of our programs. We will establish a waiting list for programs that exceed capacity.
• Participants will be contacted by our Program Director to confirm your enrollment in the program.
. Semester includes 1 snowday. Any additional canceled day due to weather will be made up at the end of the semester.
• The organization admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
• None of our classes are offered on a drop-in basis.
• We do not offer make-up sessions on an individual basis. Participants may attend another scheduled class with prior approval from the Program Director.
• Make-up sessions are available only when class is cancelled or if the school needs to reschedule a class.
• DSS Colorado shall not provide refunds for unattended or withdrawl from classes.
FOLLOW PROGRAM RULES POLICIES:
• Participants are expected to show and display respect and cooperation with all program staff, instructors, volunteers, and participants at all times.
• Arrive On-Time: All participants are expected to arrive on time. You will need to let the teacher know if you plan to arrive late or leave early during any of the sessions.
• Please keep us updated with your current mailing address and phone numbers at all times so that we may contact you as needed.
• We would love for you to visit and volunteer as much as possible and are allowed access to the program at all times. Please check in with the Program Director/Teacher when you visit or if you want to volunteer. Participants are not permitted to have guests or visitors unless previously communicated by the parent/guardian and agreed upon with the Program Director.
• We encourage participants to interact with to the Program Staff and ask questions or provide feedback.
• DSS Colorado has a discipline policy that gives positive guidance, allows for redirection, and sets clear behavior limits. The discipline policy has been designed to assist participants and staff in developing self-control, self-respect, respect for others, and consideration for the rights and property of others.
• Participants that do not follow the above listed requirements and policies may receive, a phone call home, suspension from the program, or they may be dropped from the program. It is our intent to work closely with parents/guardians to resolve any recurring discipline issues.
PARTICIPANT TERMINATION POLICY:
• Participants will forfeit their space in the program for any of the following reasons:
o Behavior that threatens physical or emotional safety of others;
o Consistent disruptive behavior; and
o Three continuous absences without prior arrangements with the Program Director.
LATE START REGISTRATION:
o If admitted during the first four sessions of any semester, tuition in full is due on a semester or annual basis. The semester tuition will be prorated if a student is enrolled during or after the 5th class session. Tuition will be owed for the entire balance of a semester and refunds will not be given for absences. A registration fee of $40.00 per semester and a material/book fee will be added to the cost of the class. The registration fee and materials/book fee cannot be prorated.
COLLECTION POLICY AND CHARGES:
o Registration, Tuition, Fees, and Costs shall be paid prior to attendance by any enrolled student, unless other payment arrangements have been made in writing with the Program Director.
o DSS Colorado will charge a late fee of $75.00 per student per semester if payment is made after the completion of the second session of a semester.
o If collection efforts become necessary on any outstanding balances, DSS Colorado will be entitled to the late fee, costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, and such balances shall be subject to an interest charge at the rate of eighteen percent (18%) annually, compounding monthly.
ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER CHANGES:
o Please keep DSS Colorado up-dated with any address or phone number changes for your home or work. It is critical to have accurate information for notices and in case of a necessary emergency contact.