The Gateway Process
Self Assessment for PTSD
This test is not a diagnostic tool, nor is it intended to replace a proper diagnosis. Use it only for informational purposes. Mental health conditions should only be diagnosed by a licensed mental health professional or doctor. This test may help you gain awareness of your PTSD symptoms, but only a licensed mental health professional can make a mental health diagnosis. The best score is a zero. My goal is to bring your score down to 10 or less. The Gateway Process is capable of decreasing your score by 70 or more points in one session. The mental healthcare field considers a reduction of 10 points 'success'. This is not acceptable. I hope this gives you the information you need to address your challenges. If you have any questions please read over the frequently asked questions section on my website. If you have any additional questions please email me at email@example.com
mPSSI-5 Scoring [0 = Not At All; 1 = A Little Bit (1 or less times/week); 2 = Moderately (2-3 times/week); 3 = Quite A Bit (4-5 times/week); 4 = Extremely (6+ times/week)]
1. Have you had unwanted distressing memories about the trauma?
2. Have you been having bad dreams or nightmares related to the trauma?
3. Have you had the experience of feeling as if the trauma were actually happening again?
4. Have you been very emotionally upset when reminded of the trauma?
5. Have you had physical reactions when reminded of the trauma? (for example, heart pounding, trouble breathing, sweating)
6. Have you been making efforts to avoid thoughts or feelings related to the trauma?
7. Have you been making efforts to avoid activities, situations or places that remind you of the trauma or that feel more dangerous since the trauma?
8. Are there any important parts of the trauma that you cannot remember that causes distress?
9. Have you been viewing yourself, others, or the world in a more negative way?
10. Have you blamed yourself for the trauma or what happened afterwards?
11. Have you had intense negative feelings such as fear, horror, anger, guilt, or shame?
12. Have you lost interest in activities that you used to do because you feel sadness, anxiety, etc?
13. Have you felt detached or cut off from others (social anxiety, isolation, etc)?
14. Have you had difficulty experiencing positive feelings?
15. Have you been acting more irritable or aggressive?
16. Have you been taking more risks or doing things that might cause you or others harm?
17. Have you been overly alert or on guard?
18. Have you been jumpier or more easily startled?
19. Have you had difficulty concentrating?
20. Have you had difficulty falling or staying asleep?
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform