Cancellation and Refund Policy
Should a student be terminated or canceled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
1. Cancellation from the program may be in writing or verbally.
2. All tuition fees will be refunded if, prior to the beginning of the program, the applicant is not accepted by the University or if the student cancels within three (3) business days after signing the Enrollment Agreement and making an initial deposit.
3. Cancellation after the 3rd business day, but before the first class, will result in a refund of all monies paid, with exception of the registration fee.
4. For Students enrolled in Degree Programs: Courses can be added or dropped from the student’s schedule during the first week of the course without penalties. Withdrawal or termination from the program after completion of the first full week of classes will result in no refund, and the student will be responsible for the full cost of the semester.
5. Books and materials for degree programs are not included in the cost of tuition and are charged separately from the tuition. Upon withdrawal from the school, books and materials are returnable if they are in good “as new” condition within 20 days of withdrawal.
6. The termination date for refund computation purposes is the last date of actual attendance by the student.
7. Refunds will be made within 30 days from the day the school determines the student has dropped. The date of determination will be within 14 days from the last date of attendance from students with five (5) consecutive unexcused absences, or the date the student provides an official notice to the school of their intention to withdraw from the school.
Other Terms and Conditions. A student may be terminated for creating a safety hazard to other students, disobedient or disrespectful behavior to faculty or other students, unsatisfactory academic progress, poor attendance, unprofessional conduct, excessive absence or lateness, failure to pay fees when due, cheating, falsifying records, breach of the enrollment agreement, entering the University while under the influence or effects of alcohol, drugs, or narcotics, of any kind, carrying a concealed or potentially dangerous weapon or sexual harassment or harassment of any kind. Terms of the refund policy will apply. JMU will provide its graduates with assistance and job leads upon graduation but cannot guarantee job placement or employment.