Agreement for RIAHT Participating Trainer Applicants
In order to be listed as a participating RIAHT trainer, and upon joining RIAHT, I, the Participating Trainer, for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees, hereby agree to:
1. Maintain the required professional training credentials while on the referral list, and alert RIAHT administrators to any changes in certification.
2. Utilize my own waiver/agreement when working with clients.
3. Carry training and liability insurance.
4. Utilize ONLY humane and ethical training techniques and equipment. I understand the following are strictly prohibited: positive punishment, "dominance-based," and "balanced" methods, including but not limited to: hitting or physical punishment, verbal or physical "corrections," alpha rolls," pinning, etc., as well as the use of aversive training tools (including but not limited to fear, pain, intimidation, shock collars, prong, pinch, and choke collars.)
5. Adhere to both the Humane Hierarchy and LIMA.
6. Hereby release, waive, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless, RIAHT and its directors, officers, members, managers, employees, agents, sponsors, organizers, volunteers, successors, and other representatives from any and all liability, claim and demands of whatever kind of nature. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges RIAHT from any liability or claim that I may have against RIAHT with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, property damage, or any other claim that may result from the services I provide or occurring while I am providing services.
7. I understand that I have an independent business and am not an employee of RIAHT. Neither I nor anyone acting on my behalf shall be deemed an agent, employee, joint employee or servant of RIAHT. I will be responsible for all risks incurred in the operation of my business and shall enjoy all the benefits. I acknowledge and agree that I will not receive, nor shall I be eligible to receive, any employee benefits of any kind, including any health or worker’s compensation insurance, or any other benefits.
8. I hereby release and forever discharge RIAHT from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a Participating Trainer with RIAHT
9. I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of RI and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of RI. I
agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
10. Photo Release: By signing below, I give RIAHT Personnel permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of myself, which I have provided for this purposem l unless otherwise agreed to in writing. I release all claims against RIAHT Personnel with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
11. I understand my inclusion in RIAHT is c upon a to the above and I may be removed at any time without notice if I should violate any item herein. By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.