So What is Discover CVI?
Committed to providing a safe place for parents to connect and share ideas, information, and resources about Cortical Visual Impairment.
To foster a community of support for families with a child with Cortical/Cerebral Visual Impairment.
About Discover CVI:
* Inspired by parents searching for more information about CVI, seeking ways to help their child
* Facilitated by two-parent leaders with a child with CVI.
* Meets online every 4th Tuesday of each month for an hour (starting at 7:30 pm) on various topics and periodic meet and greets (except holidays).
* Content of the sessions are not limited to parent support and parent education, guest speaker and/or video/webinar presentations based on parent interest community resources
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover CVI: Guidelines
Each member must abide by the guidelines set forth by the KS Deaf-Blind Project, which are:
* Everyone is treated with respect.
* Personal information discussed in this group is confidential.
* Information from the support group is not intended to replace professional or medical advice.
* Discover CVI is not an advocacy group. This platform is not to be used for any lobbying for change in schools/districts or state policies or to advance an individual cause.
The contents of the presentations in meetings were developed under a grant from the U.S. Department of Education #H326T180051. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the U.S. Department of Education policy, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
The Kansas State School for the Blind (KSSB) and Kansas Deaf-Blind Project’s (KSDB) sponsorship does not imply endorsement of a particular philosophy, product, or procedure. Discussions or materials presented at this meeting reflect participants’ views for educational and informational purposes only and not as professional advice for specific cases or circumstances by KSSB/KSDB Project.