Terms and Conditions
All trader/exhibitors, representatives, contractors, and anyone working in your stall(s) must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccine from a recognised source will be required for registration.
• The Trader will have to enter into a stall rental contract with Global Village Management, and abide by all their terms and conditions in addition to the Africa pavilion requirements.
• The Trader must sign Global Village’s Confidentiality Agreement as a condition of trading.
• It is mandatory for Traders to wear traditional clothing of the represented country at their stalls during the operational hours of Global Village.
• The Trader will follow the standards for social ethics and mutual respect with regard to UAE culture, its religion and laws.
• It is mandatory for all Traders to have their stalls completed by 23rd October 2022 and open for business on 25th October 2022. Failure to have the stalls ready for business on the above date will result in a daily penalty until the stalls are ready, as per Global Village regulations.
• The Trader must ensure that the stall is open for business during all Global Village operating hours.
• Traders must provide copies of all relevant passports of the Trader (and its staff) to E4 Entertainment (Organizer)
• The Trader must ensure that all stall staff wear valid Global Village Access Cards at all times. Card forging entitles the Pavilion Organizer to immediately terminate this contract.
• The Trader must inform the organizer, in writing, of the products to be displayed / sold in their stall and only display / sell those products approved by the organizer in the stall lease agreement. Failure to do so will lead to a fine and closure of the stall by the Global Village Authorities and the Pavilion Organiser have no responsibility on this.
• The Trader must ensure that the stall sells 100% authentic represented-country products at all times during the Term.
• The Trader agrees that Global Village may inspect and stop the sale of, and/or confiscate, any non-authentic goods and/or immediately terminate their contract.
• Traders must have price tags clearly displayed to the public on all of their merchandise.
• The Trader will decorate the interior of the stall in a manner that maintains the décor of the pavilion. Shoddy or haphazard stacking of goods will not be allowed, and will be dealt with strictly.
• The Trader will arrange for an emergency lighting system in case of a power failure.
• The Trader must not overload or change the Pavilion Organizer’s electrical supply provided to the stall.
• It is mandatory for Traders to use Global Village-branded shopping bags, cups and food containers supplied by Global Village at an additional cost.
• Goods displayed outside the stall cannot extend beyond half foot past the stall exterior and should not block the view of the adjacent stalls. The Pavilion Organizer has the right to restrict any kind of display. (for example, tall or round clothes hangers) outside the stall that will disturb public movement or affect the decor of the Pavilion. Violators will be fined as per Global Village rules.
• The Trader must ensure that the stall’s staff do not harass (i.e. do not approach inappropriately or chase) the public to encourage them to purchase the stall’s products.
• The Trader must comply with the regulations and laws of the Department of Economic Development of Dubai with regards to the consumer rights including the exchange and refund policy which Global Village will communicate to the Trader via the pavilion organizer, and display around the pavilion stalls.
• The Trader must ensure that its goods enter Global Village during closing hours and only up to 2 pm each day.
• The Trader and its staff must only enter Global Village through gate numbers 1 C and 5 and acknowledge that no vehicles are allowed to enter Global Village.
• The Trader will insure their products against any damages.
• The Trader cannot stop trading from the stall during the Term without the Pavilion Organizer’s approval.
• If the Trader stops trading, or if he fails to clean out the stall at the end of the Term, or if he fails to pay any part of the stall Rent when due, he loses all rights to the stall and its goods, which the Pavilion Organizer may hold until the fine/loss/rent has been paid.
• Traders shall remove all items in their respective possession, during the Move Out Period between 30th April to 1st April 2023. Failing that, the Pavilion Organiser will not be responsible for any merchandise/fixtures or furniture belonging to the Trader.
• Traders are required to use the Global Village-approved invoice and receipt system and TRN which requires that invoices contain the Pavilion Name, stall Number, a Purchased Items List, Date and a Signature.
• The Trader must be fully compliant with the UAE VAT law.
• The Trader must appoint the Global Village-accredited Tax Agent.
• In order to ensure full compliance with the VAT laws, in terms of recording and keeping records about the sales transactions, Global Village has deployed its own POS system across all pavilions, you will comply with the following rules related to the POS System:
a. Global Village uses a POS System, which must be implemented and used by all pavilion exhibitors
b. Global Village will appoint an exclusive supplier to provide POS Machines and licenses and You will agree to obtain the required POS machines and relevant licenses only from the exclusive supplier and comply with such supplier’s purchasing terms and conditions.
c. Traders shall bear the cost of POS System implementation.
d. Traders will ensure that all payment and cash points are provided with POS Machines.
e. Traders must use the POS System throughout the season and ensure that no other methods of sales are used in the pavilion.
• The Trader must issue a tax invoice to every customer.
• The Trader must provide copies of all receipts, invoices and cheques relating to the stall to the Pavilion Organizer to share with Global Village. If the Trader only conducts business in Global Village on a Seasonal basis, the Trader’s
• VAT liability threshold is AED 156,250, being the ‘Annual Threshold’ as defined by UAE VAT law pro-rated for 5 months i.e. AED 375,000/12 x 5).
• Including non-taxable Traders, all Traders must provide a second copy of every issued sales invoice to Global Village upon Global Village’s request along with a summary of sales made by date.
Visas & IDs
• Visas for Africa Pavilion Traders will only be provided to African Nationals.
• At the time of booking, the Trader will provide the required documents of their staff that will be on duty at the Pavilion, along with the visa & ID fees, for processing of visa & ID. Delays in providing these will result in a delay in receiving visas and access cards.
• Duplicate ID Badges will be charged as per the Global Village authority rules.
Payment Terms & Conditions:
• All Traders need to issue the cheque equal to total rent as deposit either in UAE or in Africa.
• 50% stall rent is due on booking.
• 25% stall rent is due on or before 23rd October 2022. Access will be granted on receipt of 75% stall rent.
• 25% stall rent is due on or before 15th December 2022
• 100% of the visa + ID processing fee is due as an advance at the time of booking.
• If the booking is cancelled the advance amount will not be refunded.
If the trader stops trading in between the event, or if he fails to pay any part of the stall rent when due, he loses all rights to the stall and itsgoods, which the pavilion organizer may hold until the fine/loss/rent has been paid.
• The Pavilion Organizer has the right to proceed with legal action if there is any fault with the agreed payment terms and conditions. The
Organizer also reserves the right to close the stall(s) without any notice and to seize the stock of the Traders.
• Any dispute between the parties will be decided exclusively by the Dubai Rental Dispute Settlement Centre.
• The Trader will not sublet the space allotted to them to third parties, either wholly or partially. Violators will have their stall cancelled and the amount paid by the Trader will be forfeited.
• The Trader cannot transfer the stall to any other person under any circumstances.
• The Trader will not Operate any machinery or equipment inside the stall without the permission of the organizer & Exhibit/sell products not included in the allotment letter, products banned by the UAE government, or duplicates/copies of any branded products.
• The Trader must pay the Pavilion Organizer for all fines imposed by Global Village on the stall within 48 hours.
• The Trader must not make any statements about Global Village that may harm its reputation or lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity.
• The Pavilion Organizer may cancel this contract if the Trader breaches any term of their contract and, if it can be rectified, does not rectify it within 3 days’ written notice.
• Traders holding Global Village Visas shall not participate in, nor associate themselves with, any other event in the GCC countries that is similar to, or that may infringe the intellectual property rights of Global Village for the duration of the event.
• The visa holder will exit the country on conclusion of the event. Any fines and legal charges related to violation of this rule, will be borne by the stall lease holder.
• The Trader acknowledges and agrees that Global Village may, in its sole discretion, extend the Season During the Extension Period, this Agreement and the Parties’ obligations will remain in full force and effect.
• Neither party will be liable to the other party, or be in breach of contract, because of its failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under this contract caused by a force majeure event, being an event or circumstance which is beyond the reasonable control of that Party such as epidemic, act of God and Government order.
• Global Village reserves the right to reject any Trader or require the termination of the Organizer’s agreement with the Traders any time, with or without reason.
• Traders should follow the rules and regulations set by the Global Village/any Government agencies; failure to do so will result in a fine/penalty issued by Global Village or any other Government agencies.
PAVILION ORGANISER’S OBLIGATIONS:
• Assist the Trader in clearing materials from the Airport/Seaport, charges for the same to be borne by the Trader.
• Assist in providing visas for the staff/craftsmen of Traders from African National who will be on duty at the stall.
• Have the right to take photographs / video recordings of the interior and exterior of the stalls in Global Village and use them for promotion etc. of the exhibition.
• Have the right to change the layout or floor plan of the stalls/pavilion.
• If the trader stops trading in between or defaults in payments terms, the Pavilion Organizer reserves the right to cancel their lease agreement and to sell the stock to recover their due amount. The organizer will lease the same stall to the third party as the organizer has an obligation to Global Village, to not keep the stall vacant.