PORTRAIT OF A SENIOR TERRITORIAN ART AWARD 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Monday 31 October 2022
Wednesday 2 November 2022
Friday 11 November 2022
Deadline for delivery of artworks
Friday 2 December 2022
Official opening and winners announced
Sunday 19 February 2023
Friday 24 February 2023
People’s Choice Award announced
DELIVERY AND PICK UP DETAILS:
Address : Araluen Arts Centre, 61 Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs, NT 0870.
Opening Hours: 10:00 am and 4:00 pm CST Monday to Friday.
Contact : email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8951 1122
1. The Award pool is open to artists aged 17 years and over who are residents of the Northern Territory.
2. Portraits must be of one or more living senior Territorians aged 60 years or over (as at 31 October 2022) who permanently reside in the Northern Territory.
3. Collaborative artworks are acceptable provided the name of each collaborating artist is clearly stated on the entry form, and all collaborating artists have signed the form.
4. Entry forms (and all required information) must be received before the entry closing date.
5. The artwork must be completed at the time of entry.
6. The artwork must be an original creation by the entrant/s and completed no more than 12 months prior to the exhibition.
7. The Acquisition Award will be awarded to the best portrait in any two-dimensional (2D) or three-dimensional (3D) medium, being a depiction of a particular living person, with the subject known to the artist and aware of the artist’s intention.
8. The artwork may be painted in any 2D medium (excluding photography, print, digital media, and bas relief). All 2D paintings must NOT exceed the size limit of 150cm x 150cm, including the mounting and/or frame. The painting may be a multi-panel as long as the overall dimensions do not exceed the size limit.
9. The artwork may be created in any 3D imperishable medium fully standing on ground or wall-mounted not exceeding 60cm in any dimension (including all pieces and stand). 3D artworks must not exceed a total of 2 pieces. The total weight of all pieces and stand should not exceed 10kg.
10. Only one entry per artist is permitted. Artworks previously submitted to the Portrait of a Senior Territorian Art Award will not be accepted (This applies to previously submitted artworks that have been reworked)
11. The Portrait of a Senior Territorian Art Award 2022 exhibition will be presented at the Araluen Arts Centre from 2 Dec 2022 to 19 Feb 2023.
12. Araluen Arts Centre reserves the right to consider, but not necessarily exhibit all submissions. All entries must be suitable and safe for public display. The entrants will be confirmed of their selection by Wed 2 November 2022.
PREPARATION AND DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
13. Artworks that have been confirmed to be exhibited must be delivered before 4:00 pm CST on Friday 11 November October 2022.
14. The artwork must be suitably framed for handling and installation, including framing and stretching.
15. The artwork must be submitted with a copy of the completed entry form. Any incomplete application will not be accepted.
16. The artist is responsible for transport of the artwork to and from the exhibition at the Araluen Arts Centre
17. The artist is responsible for insuring the artwork during transit to and from the exhibition space at the Araluen Arts Centre.
18. The Northern Territory Government and its agencies accept no responsibility for late or misdirected entries.
19. During the exhibition period at the Araluen Arts Centre, artworks will be insured by the Northern Territory Government against loss or damage, up to the sale price of the artwork or the value of the Acquisition Award, whichever is the lesser. Additional insurance for artworks with a sale price over the value of the Acquisition Award is the responsibility of the artist.
20. The $7,000 Acquisition Award is provided in exchange for the winning artwork, which will be selected by a panel of judges and acquired by the Northern Territory Government.
21. A panel of judges will be announced closer to the exhibition date.
22. Any artwork deemed to need excessive ongoing maintenance will not be considered for the Acquisition Award.
23. Artworks that are not available for sale will not be eligible for the Acquisition Award.
24. Any artwork priced above the $7,000 value of the Acquisition Award will be considered for the Acquisition Award only if the entrant has specifically indicated their consent on the entry form.
25. The $2,000 Second Prize and $500 Third Prize non-acquisitive awards will also be selected by the panel of judges.
26. The $1,000 People’s Choice Prize non-acquisitive award will be decided by public ballot to the artist whose artwork attracts the highest number of votes.
27. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the judges’ decisions.
28. Prizes will be presented to the winning artists or their authorised representatives.
29. Payment of prize monies will be coordinated by the Araluen Arts Centre in accordance with Northern Territory Government protocols. Where an award is conferred on an artwork with collaborating artists, the award value will be split evenly between those artists.
SALE OF ARTWORK
30. All exhibited artworks can be available for sale. It is the responsibility of the artist to indicate the price of the artwork in the entry form inclusive of GST if applicable.
COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS
31. All delivered artworks will be held for the duration of the exhibition and will not be available for collection until the specified collection date under any circumstances.
32. All sold artworks must be collected by the buyer or their agent from the Araluen Arts Centre. Where artworks cannot be collected in person, freight from the exhibition venue for purchased artworks is the responsibility of the buyer.
33. Where an agent collects an artwork on behalf on an artist, the artist must provide collection authority advice, in advance via email.
34. Unsold artworks that are not collected within four weeks from the closing date of the exhibition will be deemed to be the property of the Araluen Arts Centre and may be dealt with at the discretion of the Araluen Arts Centre, including disposal.
COPYRIGHT, REPRODUCTION AND PERMISSIONS
35. The artist warrants that the artwork does not infringe any copyright, moral rights, intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
36. The artist remains the copyright owner of the artwork and will be acknowledged as the creator of the artwork at all times. The artwork will be documented by the Northern Territory Government for archival and educational purposes.
37. By entering an artwork in the Portrait of a Senior Territorian Art Award 2022, the artist grants to the Northern Territory Government a non-exclusive, non-commercial, perpetual, licence to freely use, reproduce, publish and communicate the selected artwork for publicity, promotional and educational purposes associated with the Award in print and digital media. The winning artworks may also be reproduced to promote future Portrait of a Senior Territorian Art Awards.
38. The artist grants the Northern Territory Government permission to provide the media with photos and information about the artwork and artist for the purpose of promoting or reporting on the exhibition or award recipients.