Awaken Christian Academy Volunteer Agreement
ACA volunteers are an integral part of the school. The purpose of the ACA Volunteer program is to open the doors of our schools for parent/family involvement to enhance student progress spiritually, academically, and socially.
A Helping Hand Volunteer is any parent or person in the community who provides uncompensated service to ACA. Volunteers may assist a teacher with tutoring students, chaperoning a field trip or school sponsored activity, or assisting staff members within the school building.
Approved volunteers may visit the school to speak to a classroom about a subject or present an assembly to the entire school. Visitors are always under the supervision of an ACA employee. Parents attending a special event at school or a field trip are considered visitors unless they are to supervise students.
Volunteers will work under the direction and supervision of school staff. If a volunteer is disruptive or acts inappropriately around students, the staff member or teacher will refuse the volunteer's services and notify the administration immediately. The administration, if deemed necessary, may decline or terminate the services of a volunteer. The following rules apply to all ACA volunteers:
1. A criminal background check shall be performed for each volunteer who has regular and frequent contact with students; unsupervised or one-on-one contact with students; or serves in a supervisory role. All information collected regarding volunteers will be considered confidential to the extent allowed by law and will only be used to protect the students or minimize disruption to the educational environment. Volunteers will be required to provide a copy of a state or government issued photo ID.
2. ACA volunteers will follow all policies, procedures, and other rules established by the school and applicable by laws.
3. ACA volunteers must sign in and out of the office when entering or leaving the school and wear the appropriate identification badge. Volunteers must sign in on the volunteer time sheet.
4. ACA volunteers must follow appropriate dress code applicable to the staff and students.
5. ACA volunteers will not transport students, unless they are an approved driver.
6. ACA volunteers will not have access to student education records and will sign a confidentiality
7. ACA volunteers will not photograph or video tape students unless authorized by the administration
8. ACA volunteers will not date students, have sexual relationships with students or arrange to meet students outside the regular school day or during school-sponsored events or activities.
9. ACA volunteers will not dress students, change diapers, provide personal hygiene assistance or supply
10. ACA volunteers will use universal precaution to avoid contact with bodily fluids.
11. ACA volunteers will use only adult designated restrooms.
12. ACA volunteers are responsible to ensure that there are two adults present at all times when in the company of students. No volunteer is to be alone with a student at any time. 13. ACA volunteers can monitor student behavior; however, if a situation is serious, the volunteer should seek immediate assistance from school personnel.
14. ACA volunteers will not discriminate against or harass any person and will report all harassment or discrimination observed, in accordance with school policy.
15. ACA volunteers will not search students or student property.
16. ACA volunteers must report suspected abuse to an administrator or faculty member.