premises/grounds parent shall contact the applicable municipal County police department and shall file a police report and provide a copy of the police report to designated school site personnel.
6. Damage or Loss of Mobile Device. Student and Parent shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the mobile device, from the time the delivery of the mobile device is accepted and until the mobile device is returned to M-DCPS. If the mobile device computer is lost, stolen, destroyed, or damaged where the repair costs exceeds the value of mobile device, then the Student and Parent shall be liable to M-DCPS immediately upon demand for the payment of the full replacement value of the mobile device at the time of loss. If part of the mobile device is damaged but repairable the Student and Parent shall be liable for the expense of repairing that item(s), if not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. M-DCPS may exercise options as outlined in Florida Statutes.
7. Technology Recovery Fee. Student and Parent understand and agree that they are bound by and agree to the Technology Recovery Fee schedule detailing repair costs for the different mobile devices and peripherals. The Technology Recovery Fee table can be found on the M-DCPS’s Digital Convergence website at http://digital.dadeschools.net/.
8. Ownership and Privacy. The mobile device computer is and shall remain M-DCPS property. Therefore, Student and Parent shall permit persons designated by M-DCPS to examine the mobile device computer and its content at any time for any reason, including but not limited to inspection, maintenance, repair, upgrading, and/or software installation. Neither the Student nor the Parent have any right to privacy of any data saved on the mobile device or in any M-DCPS network. M-DCPS may, without prior notice or consent, log, supervise, access, view, monitor, and record use of student devices at any time for any reason.
9. Annual Technology Fee. In order to receive a mobile device, Students are required to pay a technology fee. The technology fee covers repair of device malfunction; it does NOT cover repair from neglect or abuse, loss or damage of the peripherals (i.e., charger, case, keyboard, etc, or replacement of the device.
10. Release of Liability. Parent and the Student, including their heirs and assigns agree that they will release, forever discharge, indemnify, defend, and hold M-DCPS harmless from any and all claims arising from the Student’s or Parent’s use, misuse, or possession of the mobile device issued to the Student pursuant to this Agreement including but not limited to any and all damages whatsoever kind or nature.
11. Survivorship, Governing Law and Venue. Those provisions which by their nature are intended to survive the expiration, cancellation or termination of this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida venue for any claim shall lie exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Miami-Dade County. All parties shall be responsible for their own attorneys’ fees and costs. Nothing herein shall be construed as consent by an agency or political subdivision of the State of Florida to be sued by third parties in any matter arising out of any contract.
Page 2 of 3 FM-7670E Rev. (07-22)