Pastor Search Announcement & Qualifications
Opening Date: August 18, 2022 Closing Date: Until Filled
St. John's Baptist Church has been in existence for 144 years. Currently the active membership is approximately 100 and there are 6 ministries. The church is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor who is called by God and equipped to effectively preach and teach the Word of God. The candidate must be able to fulfill the spiritual needs of the congregation through visitations, prayer, conducting weddings, funerals and administering the ordinances of the church. The candidate must also possess the biblical and spiritual qualities as outlined in Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1: 5-9.
- Be a licensed and ordained minister in the Baptist faith.
- Be a visionary with sound judgment and discernment.
- Have a minimum of ten years (preferred) of pastoral experience.
- Have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited College/University and Theological Seminary training (preferred)
- Possess effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Growth oriented and pastoral care capability.
- Demonstrate financial awareness and responsibility.
- Committed to continuing education and development.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with a congregation across all ages and gender.
- Possess effective administration skills and able to organize and lead staff.
- Copies of license, ordination, transcripts of educational accomplishments.
Application Submission Instructions
- The following must be submitted:
- Cover letter
- Copy of license, ordination certificate, degrees. and any other certificates. Three letters of recommendation (clergy, layperson, and personal Links to recent sermons and Bible teachings.
Upon completing this application, please submit all other required documents listed above to: firstname.lastname@example.org