The following requirements for the program that must be met before registering for Culinary Arts classes:
1. Apply for TJC Admission and be accepted.
Submit an admissions application online at TJC.edu/apply (If you have taken dual-credit classes at TJC, you must re-apply for admission as a full-time student.)
2. Contact Department Chair, Chef Larry Matson
After you have been accepted into TJC, contact the Culinary Arts Department Chair at Larry.Matson@tjc.edu.
3. Successfully complete the ServSafe Food Handlers Licensing exam.
4. Attend a Culinary Arts Program information session.
5. Submit one (1) letter of recommendation.
Letters should perferably be from food service professionals or high school culinary instructors. Letters from supervisors outside the culinary industry will also be accepted.
6. Students are required to obtain uniforms and a knife kit.
A complete list of required uniform pieces and tools are available upon request and will be given out during the information sessions.