Certified (P.O.S.T. minimum score required)
You must also be prepared to provide the following information:
- References: (5) Name, address, home, and work telephone numbers (these must be non-relatives and non-employer references.
- Credit references: Names, addresses, and amount owed to all creditors.
- Complete work history: Employer names, addresses, dates of employment, and reason for leaving. Explain any breaks in employment.
- List of addresses for the past ten years, and provide landlord’s name and contact information, if applicable.
- Also, be prepared to list any traffic citations, (offense and disposition) you have received.
- Be prepared to list any traffic accidents in which you have been involved.
- Be prepared to write a full 8.5” x 11” page about yourself.
Applicants must answer truthful and fully all questions asked of them. Any misrepresentation or omission of any material fact on the application, during the application, background investigation, or in any phase of the selection process shall disqualify the applicant. If an investigation discloses a willful misrepresentation, omission, or falsification, the application will be rejected, and the applicant may be permanently disqualified from applying in the future for any position in the Carrollton Police Department.
The City of Carrollton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. All individuals considered for employment are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital, or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related disability or any other legally protected status.