NCCP CLINIC HOST AGREEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the main conduit for clinic registration and information dissemination leading up to the clinic
- Communicate directly with coaches on the following:
- Clinic pre requisites including:
- Creating a coach locker at www.coach.ca
- Obtaining a National Coaching Certification Program Number (NCCP #)
- Completing the Foundations of Coaching Softball (FOCS) modules:
- FOCS 1 – Community Coach pathway
- FOCS 1 & 2 – Competition Coach pathway
- Clinic post requisites including:
- Complete the Making Ethical Decisions (Online Evaluation) found in the locker at www.coach.ca under (Multi-Sport modules)
- *Please note coaches can “challenge” the Making Ethical Decisions course by passing the online evaluation with a 75% or higher. They have two chances to pass. If they do not they are required to complete the full MED multi-sport course.
- Complete the Online Clinic Feedback form found here: NCCP Clinic Feedback
- Book and confirm a classroom and gymnasium/field space for the respective number of clinic days
- Coordinate materials and equipment required for the clinic including: projector and screen or TV with HDMI connection, speakers, whiteboard/flip chart, balls, tees, nets, bases, catcher’s gear etc.
- Please confirm WIFI username and password at facility
Your Coach Developer will be in touch with a detailed equipment list relevant to your clinic in the coming days.
*Please note clinic payment is due for a minimum of 10 coaches 2 weeks prior to the clinic.
*If a host and Softball BC agree to conduct a clinic with less than 10 participants a flat rate will be charged for the clinic:
- $500 Community Initiation Clinic
- $1,250 Community Ongoing Participation Clinic
- $1,500 Competition Clinic 1
- $1,500 Competition Clinic 2
An invoice will be issued after the clinic for the number of coaches above the minimum of 10 at $125.00 (Community Coach Clinic) or $150.00 (Competition Coach Clinic).
*If you have trouble registering the minimum of 10 coaches, it is recommended to try partnering with another association close to you. It is also recommended to collect registration payment from coaches registering with you prior to the clinic to reduce the chance of them cancelling or not coming to the clinic.
SOFTBALL BC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing a Coach Developer for the course and ensuring that the Coach Developer contacts the host prior to the clinic.
- Pay the expense of the Coach Developer including their honorarium, travel, accommodation, and any other incidental expenses to instruct the clinic
- Provide all clinic materials and Softball Canada rulebook for each participant
- All clinics will be posted on our website at Softball BC Clinics once the clinic is confirmed
- Upload coach information into the Locker
- Coordinate coach information with Softball Canada