Provisional Year 2: Addendums E
Complete this form for 2nd year provisional elders and deacons.
District and D.S. Completing Form
Coastal Virginia: D.S. Cecelia Brooks
Living Waters: D.S. Jay Carey
Mission Rivers: D.S. Charles Ledlum-Bates
Mountain View: D.S. Denise Bates
Northern Virginia: D.S. Sarah Calvert
Shenandoah River: D.S. Victor Gomez
Three Notch'd: D.S. Hyo Lee
Valley Ridge: D.S. Doug Forrester
Email: Please provide the email where you would like to receive a copy of this form.
Name of Provisional You are Assessing
Date onsite or online visit was made:
Choose how you completed your on-site visit:
Addendum E: Leadership in the Life of the Church
During year 2 of Provisional Membership, the District Superintendent will meet with and evaluate provisional members in the area of leadership. Answer the questions below.
Name of Church/Organization
Provisional's Title at Church/Organization
1. What are the provisional's specific responsibilities for ordering or leadership in their ministry setting? Give examples of their leadership in facilitating group meetings and promoting group decisions.
2. How is the provisional embodying connectionalism between their ministry setting, the District, and the Conference?
3. How is the provisional equipping the laity in their ministry setting?
4. How is the provisional inviting others to be in mission in their ministry setting?
5. How is the provisional making connections and relationships in their community? How do they embody love, justice and service?
6. How does the provisional respond to conflict (i.e. fight or flight)? How have they embodied their pastoral authority in the midst of conflict?
7. Does the provisional engage in healthy practice of time management and self-care? What are their systems of support and accountability?
8. What attributes of servant leadership does the provisional embody in their ministry setting?
9. What is the provisional's leadership style and how does it function in their current ministry setting?
10. How does the provisional relate to their congregation and/or staff?
11. How is the provisional promoting faithful stewardship in their ministry setting?
12. Share what you have observed as the provisional's strengths and growing edges in the area of leadership.
Thank you for completing this form!
Should be Empty: