2023 Confer Radio Talent Institute
Application for Admission
- What: Confer Radio Talent Institute
- Where: Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- When: Monday, May 22nd - Saturday, May 27th, 2023
- Attended By: College students, recent graduates, grad students, interns and part-timers at radio or TV stations
- Number of Students Accepted: A maximum of 25
- Registration Cost (does not include housing or parking): $395 per person
- Housing: On-campus housing is provided for an additional cost
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher (you can ask for a waiver if lower)
- A completed application form.
- It is beneficial, though not mandatory, that the student be a broadcast major or minor and/or already works at the college radio station, or interned at a radio station. We have accepted students from other majors including business, marketing, PR, advertising, english, photography, accounting, etc. who are working successfully in the industry.
Please have all of the following available when you begin your application process:
- Current resume
- A two-page essay addressing (Double-spaced) :
- Why you want to be in this program
- Why you want to pursue a career in broadcasting
- What you hope to gain by attending this institute
- Air check, sales dialogue or other
- If interested in on-air and programming (news, sports, air talent, etc.), please submit a 2-4 minute air-check. See the air check section below for guidelines.
- If interested in sales or management, please submit a resume and a written of a sales pitch and proposal. See the sales dialogue section below for guidelines.
- OPTIONAL: One letter of recommendation (this can be from a professor, an employer, etc.)
Curriculum and subject matter: Will range from on-air performance to programming to sales, sports, news, management, production, promotions, social media, digital, video, podcasting, engineering and practically all aspects of radio. The program will place emphasis on entry-level position preparation to help each student get their career started.
Materials: Each student will receive a notebook, containing the schedule of events, guest speakers bios and photos, Institute students bios and photos, etc. and a t-shirt and bag.
Computer: A laptop or tablet is required.
Acceptance: If accepted, you will be notified within one week of submission. You will then be prompted to register and finalize your acceptance.
If you do not have lodging during the 6 days/5 nights, housing is available on campus at an additional cost.
- Single Occupancy Room: $37 per night
- Double Occupancy Rooms $31 per night
Check-in is Sunday, May 21 and check-out is Saturday, May 27.
When using campus housing, please be sure to bring your own single-sized bed linens, towels, washcloths, shampoo, soap, and other personal necessities.