Provisional Year 3 /Applying for Ordination/Beyond Year 3 Not Applying: Addendum G
Complete this form for 3rd year provisionals applying for ordination, for beyond the 3rd year provisionals applying for ordination, and for provisionals not applying beyond the 3rd year.
District and D.S. Completing Form
Coastal Virginia: D.S. Cecelia Brooks
Living Waters: D.S. Jay Carey
Mission Rivers: D.S. Charles Ledlum-Bates
Mountain View: D.S. Denise Bates
Northern Virginia: D.S. Sarah Calvert
Shenandoah River: D.S. Victor Gomez
Three Notch'd: D.S. Hyo Lee
Valley Ridge: D.S. Doug Forrester
Email: Please share the email address where you would like to receive a copy of this form.
Name of Provisional You are Assessing
Date onsite or online visit was made:
Choose how you completed your meeting:
These questions below as well as the Action Reports from the Board of Ordained Ministry (provided by the provisional) can help to guide the conversation between the D.S. and provisional.
1. How well does the provisional member relate to his/her colleagues, to the laity (if in a church), and to the community?
2. What, if any specific concerns do you have for the provisional member's overall effectiveness?
3. What strengths and/or weaknesses (not growing edges) do you see in the provisional member?
4. What verbal concerns has S/PPRC, a supervisor, or personnel committee shared that do not appear in their annual written evaluations of the provisional member? Is there a record of complaints from their leadership or colleagues/congregation? Do you see any patterns of concern?
5. How has the provisional responded to your supervision?
6. What personal habits or behavior patters could hinder and/or help the provisional member's ministry in the years ahead?
7. Is this provisional member fruitful in leading the church/ministry setting to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world? Share some evidence.
8. Share you intuitive sense of the provisional member.
Thank you for completing this form!
Should be Empty: