- September is "Action Hunger Month" and Arvida is sponsoring a Peanut Butter Donation Drive to benefit Feeding America! Students can bring NEW, UNOPENED peanut butter jars to the front of the school starting Tuesday, September 6th. Make sure to write your first period teachers' name on the jar lid. The class that donates the most peanut butter, will win a Cheesecake Party sponsored by the Cheesecake Factory! Help Arvida fight hunger!
- If you are interested in girls flag football please see Coach Tamika next Tuesday and Wednesday after school for the first meeting
- Anyone interested in joining the Viking Swim Team: there will be a meeting on Thursday, September 8. For more information see Coach O’Higgins in Room 605.
- Attention Vikings! Any 8th grade student interested in becoming a Viking Council officer, please stop by and see Ms. Justiniano in room 612 to pick up an application.
- Viking Council and NJHS are sponsoring a Uniform Donation Drive! They will be collecting any used uniform tops, dark denim jeans, PE Uniforms or other Arvida gear that are washed and in good condition. Please drop off donations to Mrs. Madrid or Ms. Justiniano's classrooms. Help make a positive impact in our school!
- The Arvida PTSA is having a membership contest! The 1st period class with the most PTSA memberships will receive a pizza party and a gift card for their teacher! Visit the PTSA online store before October 3rd and join today!
- Open House is on September 7th at 6:00 PM. We are excited to welcome all our Arvida families.
- Boys soccer practice is cancelled for today and resume on Monday.
- This week is National School Lunch week. The theme of this year’s theme is “Peace, Love & School lunch.” We serve lunch from 11:30 – 1:20. Come by and enjoy a healthy lunch today. School lunch is free to all students.
- FFEA, Viking Council and NJHS are collecting items for the victims of hurricane Ian. Donation Items: Can goods Non Perishable food items Clorox Wipes Diapers Hygiene Items Water Paper towels Drop off an of these items to Room 44 BE THE CHANGE!!!!
- There will be an FFEA meeting afterschool, today in room 44, from 4-5pm
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage tomorrow, October 11th by wearing a shirt that celebrates Hispanic culture. All students are encouraged to participate free of charge!
- Today is Neon Day for anyone with a Viking Pass. Wednesday is College Shirt Day and Friday is Hawaiian day.
- The Scholastic Book fair is going on Friday, October 14 in room 214.
- Boys Soccer has a game this afternoon against Ammons at the Arvida field. Come out and support your Vikings.
Good morning, Vikings! Today is Friday, October 14, 2022. It is a B Day, periods 2,4,6
- This week is National School Lunch Week: Eating a healthy school lunch helps students stay focused in the classroom. Come join us today, school lunch is free to all students.
- Today is our cross country team’s first meet. Good lunch, Vikings!
- Girls Flag football tryouts are today through the 20th from 4:15 – 5:15 pm. Please wear a mouth guard and cleats. See Coach Tameka for any questions.
- Boys and Girls Track and Field tryouts will be November 14 – 17.
- Monday is Tie-dye day. Anyone with a Viking pass can participate. Must wear uniform bottoms.
- Today is the last day for the Scholastic Book fair. Make sure you make your purchases and support your school!
- 6th grade forensics students attending the Deering Estates Field Trip must turn in their field trip form before Monday to room 44!
- If you haven’t already gotten your ticket to the Halloween Dance on Oct 31, get one while they last. Tickets are limited and they are selling out quick!
Good morning, Vikings! Today is Tuesday, October 18, 2022. It is a B Day, periods 2,4,6.
This Year’s Annual 8th Grade Flag Football Viking Bowl Event will be held on Thursday, November 10th. Sign-Up will be this Thursday, October 20th at 8:30 in Room 44. Spots will be given to the first 40, 8th grade students. You must be physically present with your student ID to sign up.
You must be in good academic standing. No indoor or outdoor for this school year. 4 Teams will be selected using a random lottery system (10 students per team). Teams will be posted outside of room 44 Friday at dismissal.
If you haven’t already gotten your ticket to the Halloween Dance on Oct 31, get one while they last. Tickets are limited and they are selling out quick!
There will be a Viking Council Meeting this Thursday after school in room 96 A. All members must attend.
A few announcements from the PTSA:
- Wednesday October 19th is MOD Pizza Fundraiser at Palms at Town and Country Mall (all day) Come and eat pizza with us while raising funds for our PTSA.
- Thursday October 20th is this month’s Casual Shirt Thursday (Those who purchase the Pass need to mark their IDs. They can pass by the PTSA store Monday or Wednesday during their lunch time.
- Thursday October 20th Tikiz305 will be after school. Ice cream and flavored shaved ice will be sold
- Saturday October 22nd is the 1st Global Studies ECO Day from 9-11am. Bring gloves, hat, and don't forget sunscreen. Parents and students are welcome. High school students will earn volunteer hours.
- NJHS is supporting Literacy Week by sponsoring a Dress as Your Favorite Literary Character Day on Friday January 27th. Please pay $1.00 on OSP to participate before the end of the day on Wednesday January 25th. Participants will receive a wristband. All costumes MUST meet with Miami/Dade County School board requirements. No Masks. So, let’s have fun dressing up as your favorite character from your favorite book!!! Yes, you can wear your Harry Potter robes!!!!
- Attention 8th graders: Gradventure will be on May 5th. Tickets are on sale now on OSP. Get your ticket now for this memorable event with all your friends! Tickets are selling fast!
- There will be a Viking Council meeting this Thursday in room 612 from 4-5 PM. See Ms. Justiniano if you have any questions.
- Try-outs for 8th grade boys will continue today, January 12th.
Participants should report to the basketball courts at 3:55pm.
- Yearbooks are on sale now for $25 on OSP. Quantities are limited
- A few announcements from PTSA:
- 8th Grade Dance Tickets are on sale at the PTSA store website. There are only 20 tickets left. Read carefully the eligibility requirements before purchasing.
- School store is open from 11:30am - 1:30pm. Buy your Joggers, hoodies, and jackets now. All sizes in stock!!!!
- Tomorrow, January 18th is Texas Roadhouse Family Night. From 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Present your receipt when you dine-in at their West Kendall Location and mention Arvida PTSA. Thank you for your support!!!
- Thursday, January 19th is CASUAL T-SHIRT DAY. Wear your favorite shirt!!! (if you purchased your pass, don't forget to mark your ID at the PTSA store)
- Students: this is a reminder to go on the Arvida middle website to excuse any absences you may have. Remember that unexcused absences do not entitle you to make up work, which will impact your grades. Excessive unexcused absences may exempt you from participating in activities, athletics, and field trips.
Those are all the announcements we have for today. HAVE A GREAT DAY!