Chili Cook-off Rules & Regulations
October 15, 2022 Noon - 3 p.m.
1.Participants get a 10'x10' booth space and are responsible for providing their own cooking stove and fuel, (no LP tanks larger than 20 pounds/5 gal. allowed utensils, tables and chairs, appliances and optional canopy. Individual ingredients may be prepped ahead but must be brought in separate containers; assembling the entire batch of chili in advance is NOT allowed.
2. Access to electricity is available upon request - extension cords are not provided. All booths must be in compliance with San Bernardino County Environmental Health Department regulations. Fire Extinguishers are required in each booth with current inspection tags or charged home units.
3. Participant check-in begins at 6:00 am; booth set up should be completed by 7:30 am. A list of ingredients (not the recipe) must be posted in a visible location in booth. Entries will be assigned contestant numbers.
4. Contestants must prepare at least five (5) gallons of Chili for tasting purposes.
5. Chili will be judged on: Aroma, Appearance, Consistency. Taste and Aftertaste on a 1 - 5 point rating scale by the judges. Containers will be provided for judging. Your chili must be ready at 11:45 a.m. for pickup by event staff for judges. Three containers will be provided to you for judging. Public Tasting begins at Noon no exceptions.
6. The Award Ceremony will be held at 2:00 p.m. The event continues until 3:00 p.m. Booths may not be disassembled and vehicles cannot enter the area until the event closes.