Mikey's Place, a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Texas, serves families raising children, teens & adults with disabilities. As a volunteer, I wish to provide my time and service(s) to Mikey's Place and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer by performing associated duties. Volunteers understand that the scope of a volunteers’ relationship with Mikey's Place is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by volunteer. Mikey's Place will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a volunteer; and that the volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteer services to Mikey's Place. Contractors (Paid or donated) understand that the scope of a contractors' relationship with Mikey's Place is limited to agreed position, duties and hours, and that compensation will be provided for agreed services provided by the contractor. Mikey's Place will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a contractor; and that the contractor is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of services to Mikey's Place.
(1) Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer/contractor, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Mikey's Place and assigns from any and all liability, claims, demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise for the services I, the volunteer/contractor, provide to Mikey's Place. I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver and Release discharges Mikey's Place from and liability for claims that I may have against Mikey's Place with respect to bodily injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services that I provide to Mikey's Place or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
(2) Insurance: Further, I understand that Mikey's Place does NOT assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me, the volunteer, with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
(3) Medical Treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge Mikey's Place from any claim whatsoever which may arise or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with any emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Mikey's Place.
(4) Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services that I provide to Mikey's Place may include activities that may be hazardous to me. I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm from these activities and release Mikey's Place from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the services that I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am providing volunteer services at Mikey's Place.
(5) Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Mikey's Place all the right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Mikey's Place in connection with my providing volunteer services to Mikey's Place.
(6) Dress Code and Professionalism: As a volunteer with Mikey's Place, you are a representative of the organization. Personal cleanliness and good grooming are essential. Your personal appearance and dress should be clean, neat and appropriate at all times. Mikey's Place t-shirts are encouraged for volunteers. Your conduct should also be professional. Foul language, demeaning or insulting language and any type of harrassment or discrimination will NOT be tolerated.
(7) Other: As a volunteer/contractor, I expressly agree that this Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Texas and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver and Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this release shall not be affected.
(8) I acknowledge that I will be subject to a background check prior to beginning as a volunteer for Mikey's Place.