1. Submit/resubmit an application to the college, if not currently enrolled in a course at Coastal Alabama.
2. Original transcripts from all colleges attended, along with high school transcripts, must be received in the Registrar’s office by the application deadline. Unlike routine college admission, the Nursing Division does not allow one semester for receipt of transcripts. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution’s Registrar to Coastal Alabama’s Registrar. Hand delivered or student copies of transcripts are not accepted.
3. Submit a completed Nursing Program Application by the deadline.
4. Attach ACT score as outlined.
5. A minimum 2.5 GPA is required on a 4.0 scale based on the required academic core courses. The core college courses are English Composition I; Intermediate College Algebra or higher-level math, such as Pre-Calculus, Finite Mathematics, or Statistics (Mathematical Applications is accepted for the PN program); Anatomy & Physiology; Anatomy & Physiology II; Human Growth & Development; Speech; Microbiology; and a Humanities elective, such as Art or Music Appreciation, Philosophy, Theater, Religion, or a foreign language). Microbiology and a Humanities elective are not required courses for the PN certificate and not calculated in core GPA; however, points for eligibility are awarded for completion.
6. A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA is required for high school students without prior college work (GED acceptable).
7. Eligibility is required for English Composition I, Intermediate College Algebra (Mathematical Applications for PN applicants), and Anatomy & Physiology I, if not previously taken.
8. Good standing with the College, including a minimum overall, cumulative GPA of 2.0.
9. Meet the Essential Eligibility Requirements for Nursing.