DESCRIPTION AND STRUCTURE
1. Nominees to the III NextGen Leadership Program are insolvency practitioners and academics with between 5 and 12 years’ experience and involvement in the insolvency area who are recommended and nominated by Members of the International Insolvency Institute ("III").
2. Membership in the III NextGen Leadership Program will be for a period of five years to include five III Annual Conferences. Membership dues for members of the III NextGen Leadership Program are USD$250 per year for practitioners and USD$125 for academics. There will be a maximum of 25 nominees elected to the III NextGen Leadership Program in any one year including the Medal Winners in the competition for the III Prize in International Insolvency Studies.
3. There will be a maximum of 125 members worldwide in the III NextGen Leadership Program.
4. Candidates must be nominated by Members of the III, approved by the III Executive Committee and recognized by the III Board of Directors. A Member of the III may nominate one potential NextGen member to Class XII from their own firm or other organizations. Inducted members of the Program will be listed on the III website.
5. Class XII is expected to have a full Educational Program at the next in-person conference, to be held in Amsterdam, immediately prior to the full III Annual Conference and will be inducted during the program. Participation in the program is required to be inducted.
6. The Class XII Educational Program will feature panels with members from a variety of different countries. There will be a ticketed Conference dinner for NextGen members and other social functions will be arranged by the NextGen Conference Organizing Committee.
7. NextGen members will enjoy a discounted registration fee for the full III Conference.
8. The III NextGen Leadership Program is presented on an annual basis. A fresh nomination process is undertaken for each annual Class and members of the Program from previous Classes are invited to take part in all NextGen social events and occasions.
9. To ensure geographic diversity, NextGen members will represent as many of the III's member countries as possible.
10. On an ad hoc basis, NextGen members who are enthusiastic and interested in work being undertaken in any of the III's Committees or projects current members of the III NextGen Leadership Program will be eligible to participate in prospective III Regional Conferences that may be organized as determined by the Organizing Committee for each such Conference and will be encouraged to become involved where this assistance would be of value to the particular III activity involved.
11. Members of the III NextGen Leadership Program are invited to contribute papers and materials that they have authored to the III website and to contribute notes of their accomplishments and recognitions to the NextGen Accomplishments and Recognitions section of the III website.
12. Members of the III NextGen Leadership Program are eligible to have their papers and articles published in the Thomson/West Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice and for posting on the III website.
The object of the III NextGen Leadership Program is to create an interest, informative and valuable environment for younger professionals and academics which will provide them with an opportunity to liaise with the best people in the world in the insolvency area, the Members of the International Insolvency Institute. We appreciate everyone's interest and support for the III NextGen Leadership Program.
Nominations MUST be submitted in complete form by March 31, 2023 in order to be considered for Class XII.