For the course, you will need access to a laptop (with a wireless internet connection) running a modern operating system (Linux, Windows or MacOS). You will also need a Multimeter that can measure voltage and current, which is generally available in labs (if not, please indicate it in your application form, in the dedicated field).
No prior experience in electronics, robotics, or programming is necessary, but a very strong enthusiasm for finding out how the technology around us really works is a must.
You are welcome to take the NeuroKit course alone, however, we highly encourage local groups of students to take the course together.
We would like the neuroKits courses to become part of master and Phd programmes. Here you can find our more about our plan.
Please make sure to have gathered all required information below before you start your application.
Marked (*) items are mandatory.
- Personal information (contact details, …)*
- Curriculum vitae (submitted as a separate file, max 3 pages, pdf format) *
- List of publications in peer-reviewed journals (no meeting abstracts, supply list in PubMed format)
- First author presentations (up to six) at meetings (with co-authors and titles)
- Motivation for attending this course (about 300 words)*
- Research interests and background relevant for attending this Cajal Neurokit (about 300 words)*
- One referee (Full name, e-mail)* (the referee will receive an e-mail asking them to support your application. Please make sure that your referee fills in the form that will be sent to them, as your application will be considered as incomplete if they don't.)