Volunteering at YTN is a long-time tradition for parents. Yes, YTN is a place your kid loves and calls home but you're a huge part of the YTN family, too!
Youth Theatre Northwest is a non-profit organization run by only 6 full-time staff members so we need lots of volunteers to get everything done!
Check out the list below to see what would be the best fit for you:
1. Publicity Volunteer - Help run the booth at summer celebration and other events (e.g. school and JCC festivals), prepare mailings for our annual appeal and gala, help with posting advertisements and posters for shows, and deliver fliers.
2. Gala Volunteer- Help plan the annual Gala fundraiser, either by serving on the committee or helping the week (and day!) of to set up.
3. Production Volunteer - Lots of ways to help in this committee - you don't have to be able to do everything listed! Here are some options:
- Load in-Helping set up the stage and risers
- Strike- Taking down the stage and risers
- Backstage parent-help the Assistant Stage Manager backstage manage students during the show.
- Laundry Help-Take home costumes from YTN at the end of each weekend and launder 2-3 loads in your washer and return.
- Will-Call - Assist Box-Office with will-call and ticket sales.
- Concessions-Help sell concessions during intermission
- Costco run- Get concessions for the show.
- House Manager- Greet patrons for shows, help with late seating, and audience assistance during a show if needed.
- Opening Night Reception Coordination - help organize desserts for the opening night reception.
- Odds and Ends- Sometimes things come up for a production and volunteers are needed (such as screening, sitting at the front desk for auditions, etc.)
4. Box Office Volunteer - We have a team of parent volunteers who run the box office throughout the year. Box office volunteers handle reservations as well as at the door sales. Box office volunteers must complete at least 5 shifts during the season and receive 2 complimentary tickets to each performance they volunteer at, as well as access to $13 tickets to all shows.