1. Current RSSS Employee: Parent/guardian is a current permanent employee with Rowan County Schools. Discretionary Admission is only acceptable within district in which the parent/guardian works. Employment will be verified by the Enrollment Specialist. (Tuition is waived)
2. Childcare: The student’s before or after school childcare providers are in closer proximity to the receiving school. Childcare issues that result in an approved reassignment for an elementary student should be resolved prior to enrollment at the middle or high school level. Applications will not be processed, without completed and attached Childcare Verification
3. Medical: Must include medical request packet.
4. Academic: Indicate course(s) with reason.
5. Special Services: In the case of students with disabilities, when the school in which the student is domiciled is not easily accessible or to access specialized services and programming.
6. Anticipated Relocation/Move: Lease agreement or building contract is required.
7. Work Proximity: Parent/guardian’s place of employment is in closer proximity to the receiving school. Verification required.
REQUIREMENTS AFTER TRANSFER APPROVAL: A student with an approved transfer must adhere to the following stipulations:
A. Provide transportation to and from school
B. Comply with the district’s attendance policy
C. Maintain acceptable behavior
D. Maintain the academic average for promotion to the next grade level
E. Maintain acceptable attendance
F. Continued enrollment in requested courses or academy, if applicable. If a student fails to enroll and continue in a requested course, the principal will recommend revocation of the transfer.
A PRINCIPAL CAN RECOMMEND TO THE ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST THAT A TRANSFER BE REVOKED IF ANY OF THE STIPULATIONS ARE NOT MET, THE TRANSFER WAS REQUESTED FOR ATHLETIC OR SOCIAL REASONS, OR THE TRANSFER WAS GRANTED UPON FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION.
APPEAL PROCESS FOR DENIALS: Any parent may appeal a transfer denial decision by completing an appeal request and returning to the reassignment coordinator. The appeal request must be mailed or emailed to the following addresses within five (5) working days of receipt of the transfer denial letter: Rowan-Salisbury Schools, Traci Bost (Traci.Bost@rss.k12.nc.us) or P.O. Box 2349, Salisbury, NC 28145.