Please use this form to request permission to film at BYU West Campus. Please note the University's Filming and Photography policy. It is expected that your request will adhere to this policy. NOTE: Only projects that are class related or TMA-sponsored will be approved. Personal Projects will not be approved.
This form is intended for TMA student/class use only. Non-TMA students/classes wanting to film at BYU West will need to email Don Powell, Assistant Dean (email@example.com) for more instruction.
Once submitted, your form will be sent to your faculty member for approval before being sent to either the college or TMA for final approval. Expect a couple of days to get approval. If approved the following guidelines must be followed:
FILMING AT BYU WEST GUIDELINES
- Weapons, fire, smoke, or guns are not permitted to be used during filming at BYU West Campus
- Filming must not disrupt classes or other events happening at BYU West
- If you are filming a scene that has loud noises, screaming, fighting, alerts, or situations that may scare or frighten others in the building, you must post signs stating you are filming in the area
- If filming in a public space (i.e. WCCB hallways, commons area, parking lots, outside BYU West, etc.):
- the college building representative must give approval through this form based on the faculty member's recommendation and the availability of the space
- filming must not prevent normal public access/egress to the space (i.e not blocking access to those who are occupying the building)
- If filming in a TMA managed space (i.e. Classroom, auditorium, labs, WCAS, etc.):
- The TMA department will give approval based on the faculty member's recommendation and the availability of the space
- You may visit the TMA office to see which spaces are available, however, you cannot schedule until this form is approved.
- If filming in a Non-TMA managed space (i.e. Art or Design department managed space):
- you will need to receive permission from that department. Please ask their main office for instructions to receive permission.
- BYU West is open 6am-11pm Monday-Saturday. If a student wants to film in any space after open hours, they will need special permission from the college/university and a faculty supervisor to be with them during the filming.
- NOTE: Filming in parking lots, especially after hours, will require us to register the film shoot as a campus event with BYU Parking, Scheduling, Security, and Risk Management. this process can take between 5-10 days to be approved.