1. Release of Liability and Hold Harmless Clause: In consideration of the receipt of the above-referred cat, the Adopter hereby understands, promises and agrees to forever release. discharge, indemnify and covenant to hold harmless 4 Paws 4 Rescue, its directors, officers, volunteers and successors and assigns from any and all claims, damages, costs expenses, loss of service, actions and causes of action arising out of any act or occurrence relating to the above referenced cat from the present time forward.
2. Adoption Donations: In conjunction with the adoption of this cat, I have tendered a $____ adoption donation, paid in the form of:to 4 Paws 4 Rescue receipt of which is hereby acknowledged This donation represents a contribution to defer 4P4R's expenses both directly and indirectly attributable to the resoue of this and other cats. Adoption donations are NON-REFUNDABLE and tendered as a donation to 4 Paws 4 Rescue. There are no exceptions to this matter unless a 4P4R director provides consent in written form BEFORE the time of adoption.
3. Health and Temperament 4 Paws 4 Rescue makes no explicit or implicit guarantees in reference to the health and/or temperament of the cat. The Adopter assumes all responsibility for treatments of any and al conditions of physical or temperament changes that may occur. While 4 Paws 4 Rescue makes every effort to place only healthy animals, with good temperaments, it cannot guarantee the health of any animal and may not be held responsible for any medical expenses that may be incurred after the date of adoption. The parties hereby acknowledge that 4P4R has not made any warranties relating to the cat, either express or implied, without limitation, any warranties regarding health, temperament or whether the cat is litterbox-trained.
4. Change of Address Adopter agrees to notify 4 Paws 4 Rescue no less than ten (10) business days prior to change of address of the Adopter and/or a change of environment that will affect the cat. This will allow 4 Paws 4 Rescue to update your pet's registration information so that your pet is fully protected.
5. Disposition of Pet Adopter further agrees to desist from giving, adopting, loaning, fostering, trading, swapping, abandoning, surrendering or otherwise disposing of or destroying the cat in any manner whatsoever or to any entity whatsoever, unless the cat suffersa catastrophic injury and the veterinarian recommends euthanasia as the only viable treatment. Adopter agrees not declaw the cat and keep the cat indoors at all times. If the cat becomes lost, 4P4R should be contacted immediately, as we may be able to help in the cat's recovery. The information on the microchip embedded under the cat's skin should be updated with the microchip website to reflect the adopter's contact information. If for any reason the Adopter must relinquish ownership of the cat, owners must contact 4P4R prior to releasing the pet to anyone.
6. Forfeiture of Pet Any breach by Adopter of this contract shall, at the sole discretion of 4 Paws 4 Rescue, constitute immediate forfeiturethe by Adopter of any and all of the adopter's interest and. Adopter agrees to return the cat to 4P4R upon demand. Adopter understands and agrees that there will be no refund of any donation made to 4P4R in the event of the return to or recovery by 4P4R of a forfeited cat. "Please note any check returned to 4P4R for insufficient funds is considered to be a breach of contract and will be turned over to the Attorney General's Office.