Understandings of the Guest Group Agreement
We are thankful for the opportunity to serve your group. Please review the policies listed below.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 330-683-1246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Usage Guidelines
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms (including bb, airsoft and paintball guns), fireworks, firecrackers, or other items of incendiary nature are NOT permitted on camp property.
- Camp Luz is a smoke free environment – smoking is NOT permitted in buildings or on the grounds.
- No pets, ATV’s, snowmobiles, etc. are allowed on camp property.
- Help conserve our natural resources by turning off lights, making sure water is not left running and keeping doors closed in winter.
- Please respect God’s Creation by not littering.
- Fences mark camp boundaries. Please do not cross onto neighboring property.
- Courtesy phones are available for emergency and local use. Please limit the length of your calls. In case of an emergency, dial 9-911.
- All Challenge Course elements may only be used with prior arrangements and with Camp Luz staff supervision.
- In order for guest groups to use the pool, a certified lifeguard must be on duty.
- In light of Camp Luz’s heritage as a Christian camp with the Mennonite Church, the camp shall have the right to approve or deny specific activities of the guest group.
- Camp Luz is reserving the facilities listed on the Guest Group Contract for your group. Your signature on the agreement indicates that you are planning to use these facilities on the stated dates. It is the group leader’s responsibility to ensure that capacity for buildings is not exceeded.
- The deposit amount for facility rental is 30% of the total estimated charge and it is non-refundable. Any facilities not needed because of reduced attendance will result in the loss of the deposit for those facilities.
- The deposit must be paid by the date listed on the contract in order to hold the reservation date. If the deposit has not been received by that date, we reserve the right to contract these dates to another group.
- Camp Luz reserves the right to cancel any reservation. If Camp Luz must cancel your group’s reservation, we will provide a full refund of the amount paid or will provide your group with new dates.
- Groups have the first option to rebook for the corresponding dates the following year, provided they do not conflict with Camp Luz programming.
- The camp does not provide medical/accident insurance for guest groups. Please make your own arrangements.
- The group leader is responsible for the actions of the participants.
- Camp Luz does not provide linen service.
- Groups need to provide their own pillows, bedding and towels.
Food Service/Dining Hall Use
- You will be contacted two weeks prior to your arrival to confirm/update final meal counts and special dietary needs.
- The Dining Hall is not rented out unless food service has been requested.
- Groups are responsible for the care and cleanup of the facilities used and returning items to their proper places.
- Instructions for cleanup are posted on bulletin boards in each building.
- During your stay at Camp Luz, please follow guidelines posted in buildings for washing the provided plates, bowls and silverware.
- Groups will be billed for damages to camp property and for cleaning time due to incomplete clean-up.
Sharing Camp Facilities
- There are times when more than one group is using the camp the same weekend.
- Please be willing to share recreational equipment.
- Please respect others’ need to rest by keeping noise to a minimum between 11:30 pm and 7:00 am.
- Court lights should be turned off by 11:30 pm. Do not enter facilities you are not renting.
- Enjoy your stay, but remember to respect the buildings, grounds and equipment at Camp Luz by your thoughtful, careful and appropriate use.
We appreciate your cooperation and hope your stay at Camp Luz will be pleasant.
Our Guest Group Coordinator will contact you in the next few days to discuss the details of your rental.