Resident Assistants (RA) are responsible for building positive, safe, and inclusive communities through educational and social programming. They serve as a resource and referral to University services. RAs are positive role models that enforce University and Residential & Commuter Life (RCL) policies. To be considered as a candidate for the RA position, you must meet the following requirements and qualifications.
RA Candidate Requirements:
- Be a current Longwood University student having lived in Longwood managed housing for two or more semesters by the start of employment.
- Submit an application with an updated resume. You may go to the Career Center to help write this.
- Provide a minimum of two references. One must be from a current RA (doesn't have to be your current RA) and the other reference must be from a current Longwood University faculty/staff member.
- Hold a cumulative GPA requirement of at least a 2.5 or better. Candidates with below a 2.5 GPA may still be considered for an open position but preference will be given to those that meet the minimum qualifications.
- Have NO active judicial record.
- Be able to commit for the entire 2023-2024 academic year. This disqualifies candidates who will be student teaching, studying abroad, peer mentors, playing a varsity sport, have a time-intensive internship, or graduating in December.
- Attendance is mandatory for all interviews. Failing to attend an interview may impact a candidate's chances of being hired.
- Candidates selected as RAs are required to return to campus early for RA Training before the Fall and Spring Semester. Training dates will be communicated to all selected RA's.
Any questions regarding the application or application process may be directed to Sebastian Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
INFORMATION TYPED INTO THIS FORM CANNOT BE SAVED! Please make sure all the information provided is accurate.