Award Components and Criteria
Description of a Significant Problem that was addressed by the Club during any of the following years (2017-2018 to 2021-2022)
· Describe the problem that your club addressed, the locale in which the problem existed, and the individuals that experienced the problem.
· Use descriptive words and provide the evidence used to determine that the problem needed to be addressed. Also mention what could have happened if the problem had not been addressed.
· The evidence may include any of the following: photos; reports of direct observations, focus groups or interviews, surveys; concise explanation of relevant research regarding the problem, map of geographical area where the problem existed, and other types of evidence deemed relevant.
Description of the Project:
· Describe the project that was carried out to address the problem.
· Mention who was involved in carrying out the project (e.g., number of Rotarians, Rotaractors, Interactors, non-Rotarians, other Rotary clubs) and describe what they did.
· Describe any materials, equipment, or other resources that were used to address the problem.
Description of the Project’s Impact:
· Describe how the individuals who were impacted by the problem and locale where the problem existed benefited from the implementation of the project. How are the people and the community now different?
· Include relevant evidence to demonstrate the impact (e.g., letters, photos, videos, testimonials from one or more of the beneficiaries describing how they have profited from the completion of the project)
Provide the total amount of Project Budget
Provide total amount contributed by The Rotary Foundation/District 5930
Explanation of how funds were obtained from The Rotary Foundation, District 5930, and possibly other sources to fund the project:
· Examples include district grant, international district grant, global grant, scholarship from District 5930, Global Grant Scholarship from The Rotary Foundation, organizations/agencies that supported the project.
Description of the Project’s Sustainability:
Describe any of the following steps that were taken by Rotarians and possibly others during the planning and/or implementation of the project to help ensure its sustainability.
· Community Assessment: Describe how a community assessment was conducted that enabled community members to express their needs. Also explain how these needs were then incorporated into design the project to address the needs. Explain if this process helped gain community support for the project.
· Local ownership. Describe what was done to identify and actively involve Rotarians and possibly others to actively support and promote the project, especially after grant funding ended. Demonstrates ownership of the project and thus enhances the project’s chances for sustainability.
· Training: If applicable, describe the training and follow-up support that was provided to help individuals responsible for different aspects of the project successfully fulfill their responsibilities and keep the project going after the funding ended.
· Buy Local: Describe steps taken to identify local vendors who could provide needed equipment, technology, and resources for the project after grant funding ended.
· Clear and Measurable Outcomes and Data Collection: Mention the clear and measurable project outcomes that were developed and describe the process used to collect data to determine if the outcomes were met. Explain what has been done to ensure this process can continue after grant funding ends.
Public Image of the Project:
· Describe the club’s actions to inform a wider audience of the project’s significance and impact (e.g., may include news releases, articles, stories, and other communication through social, electronic, print media, television, etc.)
· Provide at least one example to promote the Public Image of the project.
Message Regarding Support for The Rotary Foundation
· After reflecting on the success of this project, provide the message that you have disseminated to encourage others to support The Rotary Foundation’s Annual Fund Share Program.