One of the traditions of the National Scout Jamboree is that the contingent has custom-made Jamboree Shoulder Patches (JSPs) in lieu of the regular Council Strip. This year, we’re asking those going to help design the patch. We have 5 troops going, so, if we follow tradition, we will use 7 designs (1 for each troop, 1 for staffers, and 1 fun one for trading) as well as a center or jacket patch. A special prize will be given to the successful designer(s).
You can see some of our past designs online at: ppcbsa.org/2023jambo
A few (OK – more than a few) rules:
1. All JSPs must be the same shape and size as the standard council strip (see your uniform)
2. All patches (the JSPs and any center / jacket patch) must include both “Patriots’ Path Council” and “2023 National Scout Jamboree” on the patch design
3. All patches must also include a fleur de lis (the BSA’s trademarked logo) in the patch design
4. Use of any person’s or group’s name, likeness or image as well as any trademarked or copywritten logo, likeness, image or art is not permitted without the express written permission of the person/group/owner of the logo. It is the submitter’s responsibility to obtain written permission from the appropriate person/group before submitting a design that includes any protected image. Any submission including protected imagery that is not accompanied by authorization of the owner to use the image(s) on the patch(es) will not be considered.
5. The typical patch uses 8 colors in production. Please make sure that you consider this in your design (photographs generally do not make for good patch designs).
6. The final decision will be made by PPC’s National Jamboree Committee. Any design submitted may be altered to comply with production and branding requirements. All submissions will become the property of Patriots’ Path Council, Inc. without any future rights being reserved by the submitter.
7. All submissions must be submitted to through this website by December 31, 2022. A parent/guardian signature is required for submission's under the age of 18.