By my signature below, I acknowledge the following:
I, understand that this form is in supplement to the Student Travel Policy and/or Student Activity/Program Participation Agreement, Release, and Waiver of Liability and applies to me during my trip:
- I understand that I am bound by all of Mid’s policies, including the Student Code of Conduct, the Campus Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct Policy, the Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy, and the Alcohol and Other Drug Policy. I have read and understand these Policies. I understand that, while traveling, I will be representing Mid and will adhere to these
Policies. I am expected to represent Mid in a positive, mature, and exemplary manner.
- I will treat the other participants, the Program Advisor, Director, Coach, Chaperone, and individuals I may meet, respectfully. I will be courteous to others and will not create any disturbing situations that may disrupt others.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to stay with the group and to participate in all planned activities/events. I will stay informed of our schedule and be prepared for associated activities/events. I will adhere to the schedule and will be punctual.
- I will not venture out alone and will carry my Driver’s License/ID with me at all times.
- I am solely responsible for my personal belongings.
- I will be accountable for bringing the appropriate amount of money, medications, and other needed items for the duration of any overnight/extended stay trip. If I have problems, I will communicate with the Program Advisor, Director, Coach, or Chaperone to seek an effective
- I will wear appropriate clothing (nothing offensive, with holes, tears, or anything improper). Apparel will be presentable and comfortable (including shoes). I will plan for weather changes (umbrella, raincoat, sunscreen, etc.)
- I understand that the consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- I acknowledge that the use of narcotics, illegal drugs, or other controlled substances is strictly prohibited.
- I understand that possession or use of any kind of firearm or weapon is prohibited.
- I understand that should I be found drinking, intoxicated, using drugs, or in the possession of a weapon, I may face disciplinary action and be sent home at my own expense.
- Again, I understand that I am responsible for my personal conduct while traveling as part of a Mid Michigan College sponsored activity, event, or trip. I am expected to adhere to all of Mid’s Policies and obey all applicable provisions of laws of the state/area in which the activities take place. I fully comprehend that Mid is under no obligation to intercede or protect me from legal consequences for any violation of law that I may be responsible for.