The priority is to keep people in their homes with utility services. Essential transportation needs, unusual circumstances, home repairs, and health care needs will also be considered. Following are the guidelines for fund consideration.
- Rent/Mortgage - Additional or unusual circumstances may be considered. Past due balances only.
- Utilities - Including propane, gas, electricity, water, firewood, phone (including cell phone service if it is the primary phone. Additional or unusual circumstances may be considered. You must provide evidence of past due balances.
- Dental and Medical (including prescriptions) - Will be considered after other resources have been exhausted (such as La Familia, PMS programs, etc.). Unusual circumstances may be considered.
- Tuition - May be considered by committee only.
- Household Goods - The ReStore at Habitat will try to handle these requests and we will provide a voucher for purchases up to $500.00. Additional or unusual circumstances may be considered.
- Home Repairs - We will be working with Habitat for Humanity on home repairs. Their application process will be utilized. Additional or unusual circumstances may be considered.
- Car Repairs - The applicant must bring in 2 estimates from 2 different mechanics/repair shops for review. Additional or unusual circumstances may be considered. Proof of ownership of the vehicle is required.
- Other Situations - May be considered.
Please read on and follow instructions. To be eligible for assistance you must live within a fifty (50) mile radius of Santa Fe in the state of New Mexico.
The application process opens on Nov. 1, 2022 and ends on Nov. 30, 2022 or when 600 verified applications have been received. Late applications will not be reviewed or considered for assistance.
Step 1, please answer the following questions as accurately as possible.
Step 2, your application will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email for an in-person interview. This process can take more than 2 weeks, so please be patient.
*Applicants must provide documents that verify their identity in their interview or their requests will not be funded. Additionally, if you are requesting assistance with your rent, individual landlords must provide a social security number as well.
* Please note that all information provided will be verified to insure that the application can be considered.
If you have questions about this application, you may call 505-577-4220.
Thanks and good luck!