HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR SMILE:
Photos should be taken in a room with good lighting, against a white wall if possible. For best results, have someone else take the photos, as they can be difficult to take on your own. Do the best you can, and know that we will take complete records at your in-office visit.
Here’s what you’ll need to take your series of 5 photos:
- 2 spoons
- 1 camera
- 1 partner
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO CAPTURE THE PERFECT TOOTH PICS:
- Take photos with the flash on and get as close as you can to take clear photos.
- Use teaspoons to retract your lips for the photos of your teeth (2 for the center shot, and 1 for the right and left views of your bite).
- Bite on your back molars when taking the photos of your bite.
- If you are taking the photos yourself - use selfie mode, and rotate the phone around so the camera is pointing inside your mouth for the photo of your top teeth. This makes it easier to get a better angle.
- Don’t worry about cropping the photos to match ours perfectly. We will take care of that!