Thank you for your interest in covering SXSW Sydney™.
Media Accreditation for the 2023 event is now open. To apply for credentials, the assigning Editor/Producer must fill out the following online application form. SXSW Sydney will begin to consider and approve Media Accreditation applications from March 2023 onwards. Before then, be assured that we’ve received your application and will get back to you.
If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. If you are not the assigning Editor/Producer, please forward this form to the appropriate person to be completed.
SXSW Sydney™ encourages applications from outlets, journalists and photographers from diverse and traditionally underrepresented areas of media, including but not limited to First Nations and LGBTQIA+ media and media personnel.
Please note the following:
- ONE designated point person in your media outlet should complete this application for ALL personnel wishing to cover the event on behalf of the outlet.
- Please be aware that this is a two-part process. First, you are required to submit information about the media outlet via our Media Accreditation Request Form. Once you’ve submitted this application, you’ll be given a unique link to fill out our Media Credential Request Form, to submit details about each attendee on assignment. Individual attendees should be listed within a single application. You are able to save and submit additional attendees over time if you do not yet have all your assignment plans set. You will also need to apply for yourself as an attendee if you are also covering.
- Requests for accreditation will only be considered if submitted via this official online process with the online application form completed accordingly. Application requests sent by email will not be accepted.
- As part of this online credential application, the assigning Editor/Producer must provide a letter of assignment on behalf of each individual attendee on company letterhead, stating a description of your outlet, the name of the journalist(s) assigned to attend and the scope of the coverage.
- If you are submitting for multiple attendees, you only need to write one letter of assignment, that lists coverage details for each individual on one overarching document. Be sure to re-attach it directly to each individual application. If you are a freelance journalist or photographer, you must be on assignment from a publication and provide an official letter of assignment. If you are a sole practitioner for your own website, submit a letter for yourself to complete the application.
- Only actively covering legitimate media will be considered for credentials. Analysts, market researchers, marketing / advertising firms etc. are not included in the SXSW Sydney™ definition of legitimate media. If you fall into this category, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment, and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor.
- If you are a content creator looking to legitimately cover SXSW Sydney™, please fill out our media accreditation form to the best of your ability. Please note that a limited number of content creators will receive accreditation so we suggest purchasing a badge, ticket or wristband if you don’t want to miss out.
- Credentials will be allotted on a case-by-case basis and not guaranteed. You must provide a coverage plan for the conference or each festival that you plan on covering.
- Media Credential Applications should be filled out as soon as possible, and no later than 31 August 2023. No applications will be considered after this date.
Your application is not considered complete until receipt of your letter of assignment.
- SXSW Sydney™ reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
For all other SXSW Sydney™ Publicity requests, contact: email@example.com
SXSW Sydney™ Publicity