Stuttgart Community Spouses' Club (SCSC) scholarships are made possible from proceeds generated by the SCSC Thrift Shop, to which club and community volunteers generously devote hundreds of hours each year. The Scholarship Committee reviews submissions and determines applicant eligibility and selection criteria. The selection criteria for this scholarship includes 2 differerent options. Option 1 is for those interested in pursing a degree from a traditonal university or educational institution and their criteria will include a combination of GPA, extracurricular activities, personal essay, community service, community leadership, and work experience. Option 2 is for those interested in pursing a licensure or certification and their criteria will include proof of acceptance or registration into the program which they are pursuing, extracurricular activities, personal essay, community service, community leadership, and work experience. Financial need is not factored into award consideration. The Scholarship Selection Panel is an independent panel of judges comprised of volunteer military and civilian members of the Stuttgart Community. Judges are screened for potential conflicts of interest and their dependents are not eligible to apply for a scholarship. Student identity is anonymous throughout the judging and award determination process. The Scholarship Committee will determine the number of scholarships and the monetary value of each scholarship to be awarded based on available funds. The Scholarship Selection Panel will determine the award winners through an analysis of scores. Submission of an application does not guarantee the award of a scholarship.
1. This application is for someone who will either be pursuing an educational goal off-cycle from that of the typical school and board year and who will pursue studies at an accredited college, university, technical school, or military academy, or for someone who is pursing a licensure or certification program that doesn't meet the traditional schooling timeline.
2. The applicant is responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information and official documents. Applications are evaluated on the information submitted. Please answer all questions completely and give specific dates when required.
3. Applicants are advised to keep a copy of their completed application for their records.
4. The SCSC Scholarship Chairperson will inform applicants when the committee receives their application.
5. Inquiries may be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org which is directed to the SCSC Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Valerie Wells.
6. Applicants will need to submit their application by the 10th of every month in order for it to be awarded the following month.
7. Scholarship recipients will be notified of results by email by the end of the month in which the application is submitted. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, or disability.
Eligibility: Each applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Applicant must be a command sponsored dependent whose sponsor is both living in and working in the USAG Stuttgart Military Community or whose sponsor is assigned to a USAG Stuttgart military unit, but with a duty station at a remote location.
2. Applicant and sponsor must both possess valid Department of Defense ID cards.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (GPA based on a 4.0 scale) and submit official transcripts.
4. The Scholarship Committee makes final determination regarding eligibility. Please contact the SCSC Scholarship Chairperson if you have a question regarding eligibility at: email@example.com.
Limitations for Award Recipients:
1. Time period for use of Scholarship Funds– Beginning in the fall of 2022 and continuing through the last summer session of 2023. The applicant must choose between applying for either a revolving scholarship or the traditional academic scholarship. Only 1 scholarship may be applied for per SCSC board year (June ‘22- May ‘23).
2. Award Acceptance Form– The Award Acceptance Form should be returned to the committee by email within 72 hours of notification of the award. If the Award Acceptance Form is not received, then the award will be considered unclaimed and the monies rolled back into the SCSC Scholarship Fund.
3. Scholarship Payment– Payment is awarded directly to the scholarship recipient from the SCSC. For the revolving scholarship there is a maximum amount of $500 per award given.
4. Appropriate Use of Scholarship Funds– The scholarship award should only be used for tuition, fees, books, or other educational expenses at an accredited college, university, technical school, or military academy for option 1. For option 2, the funds should only be used for cost of the course, fees, books, licensures, and certifications.