Holiday Show Registration
"Seasons of Celebration around the World"
Saturday December 17th, 2022 at 5:00pm
Sunday December 18th, 2022 at 3:00pm
Thank you for your interest in participating in Ice & Field’s annual Winter Holiday Ice Show—“Seasons of Celebration around the World”! The theme of the show is international cultural celebrations. This year there will be two performances, one on Saturday, December 17 at 5pm and one on Sunday, December 18, at 3pm on the Gold Rink at The Crossover, located at 1717 Scottsdale Drive, Cedar Park, TX 78641. Please plan to arrive one hour prior to each show time. Skaters may choose to perform in just one show if unable to attend both dates. Enrollment for show registration will remain open through November 4, 2022.
The show is open to ALL skaters from ALL rinks and programs, both Learn-to-Skate and Freestyle level, three years of age and above—there’s a spot for everyone in the show! Our goal is to have as much participation as possible so we hope you plan to perform with us!
Practices will begin November 5 and run through the dress rehearsal on Friday, December 16 from 4:30-5:30pm on the Silver Rink, which is mandatory. Please plan to arrive by 4pm on December 16 to prepare for this dress rehearsal. There will also be a show practice on Sunday, December 11 in the Gold rink from 1:30-3:30 which is not mandatory but highly recommended for all participants. Any questions about the show, practices or related topics, please contact our Director of Figure Skating, Peter Biver, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below, please find our registration form, which will allow you to provide contact information, sign up for a group ensemble, and submit payment for participation in our holiday show. Please read through each section carefully to ensure all information is entered accurately. To complete your show registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover available. Following the completion of your registration, you will see a charge on your account.
Show Director: Peter Biver (email@example.com)
Show Assistant Director: Deana Spencer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Show Choreographers: Antonella Ross, Vitaly Nikiforov, Deana Spencer, Renae Sundgren and Peter Biver.
There are four main Learn-to-Skate (LTS) group performances based on current skating level:
Snowplow Sam 2 – Basic 2
Basic 3 – Pre-Free Skate
Freestyle 1 – 6
Adults 1 – 6 and above
There will be a step-out soloist who will perform during each group number. Participation in LTS group numbers is based on each skater's current level. Should you be unsure which number best fits your skater, please contact the Show Director, Peter Biver, via email at email@example.com.
No audition is required for participation in the group performances, and skaters may perform in one or both days of the show. Please indicate the show performance(s) you will attend on your registration form.
Group Performer Rehearsal Schedule:
- Snowplow Sam 2 - Basic 2
Nov 5, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10
- Basic 3 – Pre-Freeskate
Nov 5, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10
- Freeskate 1 - 6
Thursdays 5:00 to 5:30pm
Nov 10, 17 Dec 1, 8, 15
- Adult 1 – 6 and above
Nov 10, 17 Dec 1, 8, 15
- The times listed above are in addition to rehearsal on December 11 from 1:30-2:30 and the mandatory dress rehearsal on December 16 from 4:30-5:30.
Show Registration Fees:
- $250 – per Group performer: (Snowplow 2 - Basic 2, Basic 3 - Pre-Free Skate, Free Skate 1 -6 and Adult 1 – 6 and above) fee includes: costume, all on-ice rehearsals and instruction, off-ice rehearsals (if called by the coach), dress rehearsal, and one or both performances.
- $50 – per Freestyle Ensemble performer (FS 6 and above): Specific group requests must have Director approval and assignments are not guaranteed. Group assignments will ultimately be determined based on enrollment and skaters’ abilities. There are three categories available: duets, trios and quartets. All skaters will be notified via email as to their place in the show. Music must be approved by the Show Director. Ensemble skaters are responsible for scheduling lessons with a private coach for choreography and will pay for their own ice and coaching fees. Two optional practice times will be made available to ensemble skaters to practice prior to the show: November 19, 6:45-7:45pm in Silver and Dec 11, 2:30-3:30pm in Gold. Group performers are responsible for their own costumes. No audition is required for participation and skaters may perform in one or both days of the show. Please indicate the show performance(s) you will attend on your registration form.
- $50 – Opening Number: All show skaters are welcome to participate in the Opening Number. Skaters will wear the show t-shirt during the opening number. Practices will be November 19, 5:00-6:00pm in Gold and December 11 1:30-2:30pm in Gold.
- Complimentary Closing Number: All show skaters will be announced in the closing number and will wear the costume from their group number.
Parents will receive a maximum of one free General Admission ticket (seating in the stands) per performance. • Show participation fees are non-refundable. A credit may be considered with a doctor’s note in the event of serious injury or illness. • Multi-class discounts and makeup lessons are not applicable to show fees. • Skaters will receive $5 LTS admission rates for public sessions.
- LTS group costumes will be secured by the Show Committee.
- Ensemble Costumes must be secured no later than Sunday, Nov. 20 so cast photos can be taken. The cast photo session date and details will be sent after registration closes.
- Orders for the official show T-shirt will be taken after registration for $25. Sizes: Child Small, Medium, Large and Adult Small, Medium, Large and X-Large.
- A souvenir program with cast photos will be available for purchase at each performance for $10 per copy.
For insurance purposes, all show performers must be current members of Learn to Skate USA or U. S. Figure Skating. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about memberships. (Note, Learn to Skate USA membership is included with Ice & Field Learn to Skate class registration. All skaters who have registered for a Learn to Skate session at The Crossover since July 1, 2022, should have a current Learn to Skate USA membership. All show registrations will be reviewed for current memberships.)
All choreography and show production will be directed by Ice & Field staff. Show fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. A credit may be issued with a doctor’s note. A maximum of two (2) absences will be allowed. If you are absent from a show practice, please contact the coach for opportunities to catch up on missed choreography/rehearsals. Skaters with more than 2 absences may be asked to attend an additional practice.
Dress rehearsal attendance on Friday, Dec. 16, from 4:30-5:30pm is MANDATORY.
“Seasons of Celebration around the World” will sure to be a favorite highlight of your Holiday season and we look forward to your participation!