Stuttgart Community Spouses' Club (SCSC) scholarships are made possible by the use of proceeds generated by the SCSC Thrift Shop, to which club and community volunteers generously devote hundreds of hours each year. The Scholarship Committee reviews submissions and determines applicant eligibility and selection criteria. The selection criteria include a combination of academic achievement, extracurricular activities, personal essay, community service, community leadership, and work experience. Financial need is not factored into award consideration. The Scholarship Selection Panel is an independent panel of judges comprised of volunteer military and civilian members of the Stuttgart Community. Judges are screened for potential conflicts of interest and their dependents are not eligible to apply for a scholarship. Applicant identity is anonymous throughout the judging and award determination process. The Scholarship Committee will determine the number of scholarships and the monetary value of each scholarship to be awarded based on available funds. The Scholarship Selection Panel will determine the award winners through an analysis of scores. Submission of an application does not guarantee the award of a scholarship.
1. This application is for an individual not older than age 23, who graduated from High School or received a GED and is pursuing undergraduate studies at an accredited college, university, or technical school. The applicant must have a sponsor currently living and working within the Stuttgart Community.
2. The applicant is responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information and official documents. Applications are evaluated on the information submitted. Please answer all questions completely and give specific dates when required.
3. Applicants are advised to keep a copy of their completed application for their records.
4. The SCSC Scholarship Chairman will inform applicants when the committee receives their application. Applicants should email email@example.com if they have not received confirmation by 3 March 2023.
5. Inquiries may be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the SCSC Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Valerie Wells. Applications will only be accepted by online submission or by postmarked mail.
6. Applicants will be notified of results in late April 2023. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, or disability.
Each applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Applicant must be a command sponsored dependent child, already attending college full-time, whose sponsor is both living in and working in the Stuttgart Military Community, or whose sponsor is assigned to a USAG Stuttgart military unit, but with a remote duty station.
2. Applicant and sponsor must both possess valid DOD ID cards.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (GPA based on a 4.0 scale). If your college or university does not assign a GPA, you must complete a second essay.
4. The Scholarship Committee makes final determination regarding eligibility. Please contact the SCSC Scholarship Chairperson if you have a question on eligibility at: email@example.com.
5. Military Academy attendees are not eligible for continuing student SCSC scholarships.
Limitations for Award Recipients:
1. Time period for use of Scholarship Funds – Beginning in the fall semester of 2023 and continuing through the last summer session of 2024.
2. Award Acceptance Form – The Award Acceptance Form should be returned to the committee by email or mail as soon as possible. The deadline for the Award Acceptance Form is 1800 Central European Time on 12 May 2023. The committee is unable to accept late forms. If the Award Acceptance Form is not received by the deadline, then the award will be considered unclaimed and the monies rolled back into the SCSC Scholarship Fund.
3. Scholarship Payment – Payment is awarded directly to the scholarship recipient from the SCSC.
4. Appropriate Use of Scholarship Funds – The scholarship award should be used for tuition, fees, books, university housing, school meal plans or other educational expenses at an accredited college, university, or technical school for the academic year.