Gymnastics Queensland recognises that some people possess the skills and experience to gain an exemption from part(s) of the Beginner and/or Intermediate Coaching Courses.
You should complete this form if you believe you are eligible for an exemption from the Beginner and/or the Intermediate Coaching Courses. You will be required to submit evidence to support your application. You may be granted an exemption from some, or all of the components listed below.
The Beginner Coaching Course has two components: (min. age = 14yrs)
1. Beginner Coaching Course – online
2. Beginner Coaching Course – face to face course
The Intermediate Coaching Course has four components: (min. age = 16yrs)
1. Intermediate Pre-Course Workbook (including 20hrs supervised coaching)
2. Intermediate Coaching Course – online general principles
3. Intermediate Coaching Course – online gymsport specific
4. Intermediate Coaching Course – face to face
Please note that the following qualifications do not provide sufficient evidence for any exemptions:
• ASC General Principles course.
• Sports Australia's Community Coaching General Principles (CCGP) course.
• Certificate III/IV/Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care; or similar.
• Diploma / Degree in Teaching (except Physical Education teachers – see below).
Please note that the coaches course exemption application process is governed by Gymnastics Australia’s (GA) Coach Accreditation Policy. Click HERE to download this policy.
Before submitting this application form and only if you do not already have an account, please set up a Gymnastics Australia (GOL) profile and access your Learning Management System (FLEX/LMS) account.
GQ staff will not be able to process your application until you have this account.
How to create a Gymnastics Australia (GOL) profile & Learning Management System (FLEX/LMS) account: https://support.gymnastics.org.au/
Should you have questions, please contact the Gymnastics Queensland Education Team at email@example.com .