May 15, 2023
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
ARTSPLACE invites applications from Atlantic Canadian artists to exhibit, create, and work on the gallery grounds between July and October, 2023.
Depending on the selections, artists will show for one to two months.
Proposals are juried by the Exhibition Committee in early June.
- Work should not be physically interactive.
- Work should not require maintenance by staff or require power to function.
- Artists can apply with free-standing pieces but are encouraged to explore site-specific work.
- Work should be able to be installed/struck in one day by the artist. ARTSPLACE staff or volunteers may not be available to assist with installation or removal, the building may not be accessible during install.
- Selection will be through a jury process. Selected artists will receive a fee of $500 ($425 artist fee, $75 general expenses). If artists apply as a pair or collective, the $500 fee will be divided between the number of artists.
Artists are encouraged to document (photos, video, livestream) elements of the installation process for ARTSPLACE and their own social media.
Installations should have any site-related issues such as durability already worked out.
Please note that there are no additional fees towards travel and accommodation. We can, however, assist in sourcing affordable accommodation upon request.
ARTSPLACE has one reserved space for accessible parking. The MYM Gallery is wheelchair accessible, as is the washroom.
ARTSPLACE is committed to promoting creativity, learning, and growth in the careers of artists, and to inspiring passion and appreciation for arts and culture in the community. ARTSPLACE advocates accessibility to high-quality contemporary arts and culture for artists, the community and wider audiences throughout the Annapolis Region and Canada.
ARTSPLACE provides numerous diverse exhibition opportunities within its four exhibition spaces. ARTSPLACE supports the creative freedom of artists by providing an open framework in which to experiment and test out new approaches to artistic practices. ARTSPLACE’s open, multi-disciplinary approach to programming allows for new ideas, perspectives and forms in art and culture to emerge and cross-pollinate, prompting the criticism and generation of knowledge through discourse and debate around parallels and differences in contemporary practices.
ARTSPLACE provides a space for local residents to express creativity and as a welcoming centre for community engagement, exploration and enjoyment of contemporary art and cultural events. ARTSPLACE welcomes contemporary visual art in all media, including drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, installation, performance, participatory, video and new media.