1. WARRANTY - Artist states that he/she created and owns the consigned Artworks, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
2. LENGTH OF CONSIGNMENT SALE- Artist and Center agree that the term of consignment for Artworks is to be quarterly, from Friday, January 6, 2023 to Sunday, April 2, 2023.
Intake for art/merchandise is from 3-5 pm on Thursday, January 5 or by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The remaining inventory may be picked up the first Thursday of the following month or by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Artist must obtain prior approval from Cathy Clune to add inventory during the contract period.
Merchandise not picked up within 30 days of the conclusion of the consignment period will become the property of Pine Center for the Arts, unless otherwise agreed to by the Artist and Center.
3. PRICING - Although it is a non-exclusive contract, Artist's suggested price is expected to be consistent with one outside the Center. Artist and Center must agree to any change in the retail price in advance.
4. SALES TAX - Sales tax is applicable to all works listed for sale. Pine Center will collect sales tax and submit collected taxes to the state as required.
5. GALLERY FEE and COMMISSIONS - A fee of $45 per quarter shall be collected prior to the beginning of the consignment period. This is to help cover marketing and facility costs incurred by the Center. The Center reserves the right to alter monthly fee and will provide the artist 30 days notice of changes.
Center and Artist agree that Center's commission is to be 10% (ten percent) of the retail price of each work sold.
6. TERMS OF PAYMENT - Center shall pay Artist all proceeds due to the Artist quarterly, within 10 business days of the close of the event, unless other arrangements are made between the Artist and Center. The Center agrees to bear all losses due to the failure of the customer's credit.
7. LOSS OR DAMAGE - Center shall be diligent in consigned Artworks while they are in its custody and will take the needed precautions to ensure the proper care of any works within our facility. The Art Center provides supervision for the Artworks during Art Center hours and carries liability insurance for the facility. The Art Center will not be held responsible for lost or damaged Artworks while in its custody. Artists are encouraged to provide their own insurance policies for items of larger value or irreplaceable works if desired. Artist is responsible for keeping inventory up to date. Artists will be provided with a list of items sold at the end of the month. The Artist is responsible for providing an updated inventory at the start of each month.
8. Inventory - Center may limit the quantity and size of items, as space allows. Generally, Artists are limited to 25 types of items monthly. Wall art is limited to no more than 3 items. Artists who wish to submit more than 3 pieces of wall art are encouraged to apply for a gallery exhibit.
Inventory: Inventory sheets must be submitted online or turned in at the art center.
Click here for a fillable Excel Inventory Template
Click here for a printable PDF Inventory Template
Labels: All items must be labeled with an inventory number, price and the maker's name/business that matches the inventory spreadsheet.
Check In: All items will be checked against the inventory sheet to ensure items, totals and labels match.
9. MODIFICATIONS - This Agreement may only be amended by written instrument signed by both parties.