JUROR & JUDGE OF AWARDS: Lyn Asselta
Lyn Asselta readily admits that she has considered the landscape her muse since she was a child. Growing up on the rocky coast of Maine, where the weather changed sometimes by the minute, the effects of atmosphere on land and water were an everyday, mesmerizing occurrence. Her memories are rich in details of the places she has experienced throughout her life and she has a deep reverence for places that exude a sense of strength and quiet. Those qualities continue to appear time and time again in her paintings. Her chosen medium of pastel allows her to extend her tactile sense of communicating with the natural world into the painting process at her easel.
Asselta’s award winning landscape paintings have been exhibited throughout the United States and have been included in invitational exhibitions in France and China. Lyn is an IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) Eminent Pastelist, a Signature member of the Pastel Society of America, a member of the Salmagundi Club, a Member of Excellence in the Southeastern Pastel Society, and is the founder and past president of the First Coast Pastel Society based in northeast Florida. A sought-after workshop instructor, she has taught workshops in Canada, Curaçao, and across the USA. In 2009, Lyn was selected as an Artist in Residence at Acadia National Park in Maine. Her work has been featured in several books and magazines including Michael Chesley-Johnson’s plein air book, “Beautiful Landscape Painting Outdoors”, the Pastel Society of America’s publication, “Pastelagram”, Pastel Journal Magazine, Plein Air Magazine, and the French publication, Pratique des Arts. She is a Unison Colour Associate artist and has contributed articles to their blog. Her weekly Saturday newsletter, Saturdays at the Cove, has a worldwide following.
Lyn’s work is represented by Gleason Fine Art in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, Cutter & Cutter Fine Art Galleries in Saint Augustine, Florida, and The Lucy Clark Gallery in Brevard, North Carolina.
Lyn Asselta website: https://www.lynasselta.com/
• Only digital images of original paintings will be accepted.
• Work done under supervision in a class or workshop is not eligible.
• Work must be original and from your own reference, not copied from other artists or published materials.
• Any reference provided by an instructor is not eligible, including an instructor-provided photo, still life setup or model setup.
• All artwork must be originally drawn/painted and not created over the top of any type of photographic image or print.
• If used in your paintings, collage materials must be created by the artist.
• Artwork’s final surface must be predominantly (80%) traditional dry pastel.
• Works must be in dry pastel. No oil pastels. Mixed media must be predominantly dry pastel.
• Paintings must have been completed within the last two years and not previously shown in any Pastel Society of Colorado exhibitions. Any painting identified as shown previously in a PSC exhibition will be rejected OR, if discovered after judging, will remain in the exhibition but not be eligible for any awards. The artist will also be prohibited from entering future PSC sponsored shows for one year.
• Paintings do not have to be for sale.
For PSC members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $25, 4 for $35, or 5 paintings for $45. For non-members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $35, 4 for $45, or 5 paintings for $55. The entry fee is non-refundable and must be paid at time of entry. Payment for the show can be made using either your PayPal account or a credit card after selecting the PayPal button on the PSC website.
REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES:
Entering artists agree that images submitted into Expression Online Show may be used by the PSC for promotional marketing.
DIRECTIONS FOR ENTERING EXPRESSIONS:
Step 1: Go to PSC Show and Events page: www.pastelsocietyofcolorado.org/shows.php. Go to Expressions Online Show listing.
Step 2: Hit the REGISTER AND PAY button at the bottom of Expressions Online Show listing.
Step 3: FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION FORM. This form is considered a contract and must be completed and accurately filled out with all requested information regarding the paintings and the artist. When filling out your submission information, please be sure all information is correct-including spelling, title and pricing of your paintings. No changes to this information will be accepted after submitting this form.
Step 4: PREPARE YOUR IMAGES. The images must be formatted according to the following specifications:
• File Format: jpg (jpeg only)
• FILE DIMENSIONS; The image should be 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi, sRGB color space.
• Name the jpg file: The file must be labeled with EX. followed by the first four (4) letters of your last name, the first four (4) letters of your first name and the entry number (i.e., Dave Jones 1st entry - the image file would be EX.JONEDAVEI.jpeg, the 2nd entry would be EX.JONEDAVE2.jpeg).
Step 5: BROWSE TO FIND YOUR IMAGES TO ATTACH THEM TO THE ENTRY FORM.
Step 6: SUBMIT THE FORM (it will send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 7: ENTER YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.
Awards are made at the discretion of the judge, Lyn Asselta. All awards will be final with no exchanges or substitutions. The show will be displayed on the PSCshows.com website with winners prominently exhibited. Cash prizes will be awarded, plus the Ludwig award. International award winners agree to accept either a US check or PayPal transfer and accept all fees/charges incurred.
SALES & SHIPPING:
PSC will connect any potential buyer with the artist. There will be a 10% commission to PSC. Sales end April 1, 2023, but the images will remain on the site. Shipping is to be paid by the buyer or arranged by the artist. PSC accepts NO liability in the sale or shipping of the artwork.
QUESTIONS: Our show chairs are Sarah St. George and Jeannette Stutzman and may be emailed at email@example.com