BYLAWS - The bylaws are the basic rules and regulations for the organization.
- define framework
- define how the organization functions
- include those rules the organization considers so important that they cannot be changed without a vote by members
- require change notification to all members - in a manner specified in the bylaws themselves.
BYLAWS CANNOT BE SUSPENDED
All Council and Local PTA/PTSA units in Arizona are governed by the Arizona PTA Bylaws/Council Bylaws/Arizona PTA Unified Local PTA/PTSA Bylaws.
Amendments to Arizona PTA Bylaws/Council Bylaws/Arizona PTA Unified Local PTA/PTSA Bylaws are voted on by members in good standing at the annual Arizona PTA Convention.
HOW TO SUBMIT A BYLAWS AMENDMENT RECOMMENDATION
Recommended amendments for Arizona PTA Bylaws/Council Bylaws/Arizona PTA Unified Local PTA/PTSA Bylaws must be submitted to the Arizona PTA Bylaws Committee by November 30th of each year and can be submitted by:
• Any current PTA/PTSA member of an Arizona PTA/PTSA local unit in good standing with Arizona PTA*
• A PTA/PTSA Council in good standing with the Arizona PTA.**
• The Arizona PTA Bylaws Committee
• The Arizona PTA Board of Managers
* If a recommendation is submitted by a PTA member, the requestor must name their PTA/PTSA local unit
* * If a recommendation is submitted by a PTA/PTSA local unit or council, a copy of the minutes of the meeting at which the recommendation was approved must be included. The minutes must clearly indicate that a quorum was present.