STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
I understand and agree that as a participant on Kehillah High's 10th Grade Shabbaton, I am expected to, and will, abide by the directions of all staff as well as the transportation policies, housing and living arrangement policies, substance abuse policies, and other policies and guidelines as may be amended and/or modified from time to time by the Organizer in its sole discretion, without prior notice, and that I am expected to comply with the current laws of the United States (Federal, state and local). These policies include but are not limited to the following areas:
• I understand and agree that without advanced written parental consent and Program staff approval, no participant is allowed to leave the program from the time of arrival until the completion of the program.
• I understand and agree that no guests are allowed at this Program without the staff’s prior approval.
• I understand and agree that curfew means the time at which participants must be in their assigned rooms with lights out and ready for bed. Additionally, I understand that participants may not leave their room between the start of curfew and wake up.
• I understand and agree that all programs, workshops, services, meetings, and meals are mandatory. Participants will review and follow the program schedule and will remain appropriately staffed and/or in authorized areas.
• I understand and agree that at no time will any males be allowed to enter a female's sleeping area nor females be allowed to enter a male's sleeping area. Additionally, program staff may designate areas as “single-sex” and these areas are off-limits to participants of the opposite sex
• I understand and agree that the possession, consumption, purchase, and/or being in the presence of fireworks, firearms or other weapons of any kind, alcohol, tobacco products of any kind, e-cigarettes and “vaping” devices of any kind, illegally controlled substances or other prescription drugs without a valid prescription, gambling, fighting, intimidation, and bullying are grounds for expulsion from the trip and not being able to graduate from Kehillah High
• I understand and agree that the purchase, possession, and sharing of smoking or e-smoking paraphernalia is not allowed on the program for any reason.
• I understand and agree that participants are never allowed to share, sell, or otherwise dispense prescribed medication.
• I understand and agree that I am to be respectful of and towards my peers, staff, and volunteers.
• I understand and agree that social media must be used responsibly at all times during the program. I understand and agree that in the event of doubt as to what constitutes reasonable use of social media, I will request guidance from staff and will comply with such guidance.
• I understand and agree that it is expected that participants will behave responsibly and with respect regarding belongings and property throughout the program. Participants must report any property issues or damages in any location to staff immediately. Any unreported damages will be charged to the participant.
• I understand and agree that proper and respectful attire must be worn at all times. Appropriate footwear must be worn in public spaces.
• I understand and agree that tattooing or piercing oneself or others or receiving tattoos or piercings, or other forms of self-modification are not permitted on the program for any reason.
• I understand and agree that any inappropriate physical or verbal contact during the program is not permitted at any time.
• I understand and agree that if I become aware of any conduct by any participant, volunteer or staff member that I believe is illegal, violates program rules, or creates a risk of harm to any individual or of property damage, I will immediately report the incident to an appropriate Program staff representative.
I understand and agree that Program staff are not responsible for preventing or otherwise policing violations of the above conduct violations and that the Organizer is not responsible for any injury or damage resulting from a violation of these conduct policies.
I understand that my failure to uphold the conduct policy may result in disciplinary consequences, including loss of privileges, separation from the group, termination of my participation (i.e. being sent home), and not be able to participate in graduation from Kehillah High as determined at the sole discretion of the staff. I further understand and agree that the Organizer, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) to search my person and/or belongings and to take such action (or to refrain from such action) at it deems appropriate to secure the safety of me and/or others and/or to ensure compliance with the code of conduct, transportation policies, housing, and living-arrangement policies and other policies and guidelines, and that my signature on this code of conduct extends and applies to cover all such actions/inactions. I further understand and agree that I may be required to submit to drug and/or alcohol testing (e.g. breathalyzer or other forms of testing), and that my failure to submit to the requested testing will be grounds for disciplinary action up to and including expulsion; provided, however, I understand and agree that such test need not be administered when the Organizer otherwise reasonably believes that program policy has been violated. I further understand and agree that appropriate legal authorities may be contacted, and I may be subject to possible prosecution or incarceration by the same.
Consequences of Expulsion - I understand and agree that in the event I am expelled from the trip, I will not be entitled to any refund of paid program fees, I further acknowledge that I will be responsible for reimbursing the funding party in full within 30 days of expulsion from the Program. Further, I understand and agree that if I am expelled from the Program, all travel arrangements, costs, and liabilities (including escort costs, if applicable) associated with being sent home will be the sole responsibility of me and my parent/legal guardian, which must be paid up-front.
I further understand and agree that in such circumstances it shall be the sole responsibility of my parent/legal guardian identified below to make immediate arrangements to pick me up at the location designated by the program staff. I further agree that in the event the Organizers incur any costs, expenses, or liabilities for which I or my parent/legal guardian is responsible, and which are not covered or paid for by a credit card on record, The Organizers reserve the right to pursue collection of such costs, expenses and/or liabilities through appropriate collection proceedings.