SHENANDOAH APPLE BLOSSOM FESTIVAL®
Official Cars Rules and Regulations
1. A DRESS CODE FOR DRIVERS WILL BE ENFORCED:
a) Male drivers are requested to wear a shirt, tie and long pants(coat is optional but desired);
b) Female drivers are required to wear a suit, dress, skirt and blouse or an appropriate pants suit.
c) POSITIVELY NO BLUE JEANS!
2. The DRIVER MUST REFRAIN FROM THE USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES prior to and during the parade.
3. The Festival reserves the right to limit the non-Festival riders in the vehicle depending on the space needed in the car for Festival guests and their official escort. The quantity of any non-Festival riders, if any, must be specified on application and approved in advance.
4. THE THROWING OR HANDING OUT OF OBJECTS FROM THE VEHICLE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
5. STOPPING during the parade is prohibited. (Obviously, this rule is void in an emergency)
6. DO NOT STOP FOR AUTOGRAPHS!
7. A distance no greater than fifty (50) feet and no less than ten (10) feet must be maintained between parade entries. The only exception to this rule is when a Parade Marshal gives different instructions.
8. The car must have a valid registration, display a current inspection sticker and be in good mechanical condition.
9. The car must be washed for parade day.
10. A color photograph of the vehicle in its present condition, must be submitted with your application.
11. CELEBRITIES/DIGNITARIES will be accompanied by their Festival Escort.
12. Parade Marshals are located along the parade route. Cooperation of entrants with Parade Marshals is required.
13. Firefighters’ Parade Marshals will be identifiable by Red Lapel Ribbons.
14. Grand Feature Parade Marshals will be identifiable by Yellow Lions Club Vest.
15. NO ADVERTISING IS ALLOWED ON CARS. Apple Blossom officials reserve the right to determine what is advertising and to require its removal.
16. Drivers for any and all vehicles in the parade and parade areas must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
17. Participants of any unit are prohibited from walking or marching back through the line of march after disbanding.
18. The Official Car Application shall include the name of the owner of the vehicle and the name of the driver of the vehicle.
19. The vehicle must be covered by a current automobile liability insurance policy. The Official Car Application shall indicate whether the policy is a personal owner’s policy or is a commercial policy and shall include the name of the insurance carrier and the policy number.