1. CAREFULLY READ THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND ENTRY FORM FOR GULLAH TRAVELING THEATER, INC. GULLAH TASTE OF CHRISTMAS 3RD ANNUAL RICE COOK-OFF INCLUDING THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS. All entry forms become the property of Gullah Traveling Theater, Inc.
2. All rice dishes must be prepared before coming to the venue.
3. Each contestant must bring the necessary items, to include a food thermometer, to keep all rice dishes at the appropriate temperature according to Department of Health and Environmental Control based on your competition dish.
4. Each contestant will need to bring items to keep their station always sanitized to include, but not limited to rubber gloves and hand sanitizer. Food safety first.
5. Each contestant must provide a sample portion for 200 people and one portion for table display.
6. ONLY rice dishes entered into the competition can be served at your station.
7. All contestants will need to arrive and check-in no later than 10 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022. During check-in contestants will receive their competition number and table assignment.
8. Each contestant will be provided one (1) table and one (1) chair per station. Contestants are encouraged to decorate their tables.
9. Contestants will be given a form to complete to identify the rice dish prepared for competition and containers for which they will place the portion for judging. Each contestant will receive a total of seven containers.
10. Competition will begin at 3:00 PM.
11. Judges will rate each dish individually and based on points. The categories and points are: Crumb (10 points); Texture (10 points); Taste (10 points), Flavor (10) and Consistency (10 points).
12. Score sheets will be tallied by the competition committee, with the winner being announced immediately after.
13. Contestant with the most points will receive first (1st) place. Contestant with second highest number of points will receive second (2nd) place. Contestant with third highest number of points will receive third (3rd) place.
14. All contestants agree to the use and reuse of their name, voice, likeness, and dish in perpetuity for advertising or trade purposes and to cooperate reasonably in any effort to promote or publicize GULLAH TRAVELING THEATER, INC. GULLAH TASTE OF CHRISTMAS 3RD ANNUAL RICE COOK-OFF. Apart from the prizes associated with being selected as a winner, Gullah Traveling Theater, Inc. shall not be obligated to compensate contestants in any way for such use.
15. Contestant acknowledges that there are risks of personal injury, illness and possible loss of life, and risks of damage to or loss of personal property, which may result from participating in this contest. Contestant voluntarily enters GULLAH TRAVELING THEATER, INC. GULLAH TASTE OF CHRISTMAS 3RD ANNUAL RICE COOK-OFF and assumes all of these risks. Contestant, as a condition of entry, agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Gullah Traveling Theater, Inc. and affiliated companies, their vendors, their advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, co-sponsoring companies and their affiliates and agencies, and all officers, directors, employees and agents of the aforesaid entities from any and all claims and costs, including attorneys’ fees, relating to, arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or the receipt or use of any prize. In so doing, contestant releases and indemnifies the aforesaid entities and individuals from liability for injuries or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or the receipt or use of any prize. In no event shall Gullah Traveling Theater, Inc. be liable to a contestant for acts or omissions arising out of or related to the GULLAH TRAVELING THEATER, INC. GULLAH TASTE OF CHRISTMAS 3RD ANNUAL RICE COOK-OFF or that contestant's participation in the cook-off.
16. All judging is final. GULLAH TRAVELING THEATER, INC. has sole and complete discretion regarding all contest related matters. All decisions regarding winners or disqualification of a contestant(s) shall be subject to the sole and complete discretion of Gullah Traveling Theater, Inc.