Please read the SOL job description, benefits and time commitments carefully before completing the recommendation below:
Student Orientation Leaders (SOLs) will represent the UC Blue Ash student body for incoming students and their families during Orientation and College Day programs over the summer. They will welcome, greet, and mingle with new students and provide guidance and support throughout orientation and College Day. SOLs will facilitate small group discussions and lead campus tours, they will assist with advising and registration, and they will serve as liaisons between the faculty, staff, and new students.
Student Orientation Leader Responsibilities
1. Serve as UCBA student representatives at orientation and College Day!
2. Welcome, greet and mingle with new students and their family members
3. Provide up-to-date and accurate information about the UCBA campus
and its resources
4. Facilitate small group discussions with new students
5. Provide guidance and support to students, peers, and colleagues
Benefits of Being a Student Orientation Leader
1. Hourly wage compensation ($10.00/hour) for training, orientation, and College Day.
2. Eligible to apply to be a UCBA Student Ambassador (scholarship for tuition and fees if selected as an Ambassador).
3. Develop leadership, teamwork, and public speaking skills.
Orientation Leaders will be expected to serve approximately 100 hours between March and August.
-Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about UC Blue Ash College
-Friendly and engaging with students and their families; able to make positive first impressions
-Model inclusivity for new students and teammates
-Dedicated to the team and responsible for committing the necessary time
-Comfortable taking a leadership position on campus
-Reliable and Responsible
-2.5+ Cumulative GPA
-At least one semester of UCBA student experience
-Completed application (due by 11:59pm on Friday, January 27, 2023)
-One recommendation form (due by 11:59pm on Friday, January 27, 2023)