I, ____________________, being a student athlete and we, __________________ and _________________, as the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of the above listed Student Athlete within the Wichita Wrestling Club, understand that in order for our child to participate within this program, we all must adhere and uphold the following Code of Conduct and Rules.
1. I understand that the Wichita Wrestling Club Board reserves the right to act, up to and including suspension or expulsion of any Parent/Guardian or Student Athlete, if the wrestler or parent/guardian is considered abusive or interferes with the orderly practice of the team or the progress of a match.
2. I understand that practices are under the authority of the head coach, as supervised by the WWC Board, and will address my concerns or complaints I may have to a member of the Board for consideration.
3. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for wrestlers, coaches, and officials always.
4. I will place the emotional & physical well-being of wrestlers, AHEAD of any personal desire to win.
5. I will be courteous to all participants, coaches, volunteers, and fans.
6. I will learn & understand the Rules of Wrestling
7. I will accept and respect the officials’ decisions
1. Parent/Guardian will notify any of the coaches or Wichita Wrestling Club board members if there are any concerns or questions regarding practices, techniques and/or other concerns.
2. Each student athlete will need to be registered for an account on TeamSnap through either parent/guardian listed on WWC registration form.
3. Student Athlete AND Parent/Guardian agree to NOT access the wrestling room for any reason outside of scheduled practices times unless they receive written permission from Head Coach(es) of WWC practices.
4. We, as Parents/Guardians, and as a Student Athlete agree to keep the WWC/KMC Wrestling room in a neat and orderly manner; notifying coaches if there is anything broken or spilled, so it can be addressed immediately.
5. Wichita Wrestling Club will ensure that all coaches hold current Memberships to USA Wrestling Leadership, in addition to a current background check.
6. To put on another amazing Crusader Clash tournament in 2024, we will need the support of our club families and friends to help to run tables, concession stands, help with setup/tear down and other various jobs. With both the high school and club seasons running concurrently, we will not be able to rely on the high school students to provide the bulk of the help for this year. We ask that each family participate in the tournament and volunteer to help for at least a 4-hour shift per family (adult participation required).
By signing this document, you understand and agree to the above listed Code of Conduct and Rules for Wichita Wrestling Club. Each wrestler and parent must sign and return to WWC, prior to participating in practice for the 2023-2024 season.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any event (“Activity”) at any time during the current membership year I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation, or that of the minor, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AGE 18 OR OLDER, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
MINOR RELEASE: (must be completed by Parent/Guardian for any participant under the age of 18)
AND I, THE MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND THE MINOR’S EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AND BELIEVE THE MINOR TO BE QUALIFIED, IN GOOD HEALTH, AND IN PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON THE MINOR’S ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS AND FURTHER AGREE THAT IF, DESPITE THIS RELEASE, I, THE MINOR, OR ANYONE ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF MAKES A CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASEES NAMED ABOVE, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR ANY COST THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM.